Welcome to the Kernel Portal edit
The Linux Kernel is the central component of a Linux operating system like openSUSE. A Kernel manages hardware resources like CPU, memory and hard disks and provides abstractions that provide applications with a consistent view of these resources. Also, the Kernel provides drivers for devices attached to various system buses like USB, PCI, SATA and IDE. For a complete overview of Operating System Kernels see the Wikipedia article.
kernel-source commits (news) edit
- 2019 Aug 23: [df791c5a9e27c04e56150b6257162afeb2de98d6 Merge branch 'packaging'— Michal Kubecekmkubecek@suse.cz]
- 2019 Aug 23: [16f681684447be904591435ab799c46638bdcea8 Pull packaging cleanup from mkubecek.— Michal Suchanekmsuchanek@suse.de]
- 2019 Aug 23: [e001776267dfdddd9611fda1583a6758e8993b9a rpm/config.sh: Enable livepatch.— Michal Suchanekmsuchanek@suse.de]
- 2019 Aug 23: [e6873afe4c23a70d7e9734313c6293e6b1c2af96 Merge branch 'packaging'— Michal Suchanekmsuchanek@suse.de]
- 2019 Aug 23: [36acf914e59f212a18a8dacf9bbcff4e6b065cfa rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Fix kernel-livepatch description typo.— Michal Suchanekmsuchanek@suse.de]