Welcome to the Kernel Portal edit
The Linux Kernel is the central component of a Linux operating system like openSUSE. A Kernel manages hardware resources like CPU, memory and hard disks and provides abstractions that provide applications with a consistent view of these resources. Also, the Kernel provides drivers for devices attached to various system buses like USB, PCI, SATA and IDE. For a complete overview of Operating System Kernels see the Wikipedia article.
kernel-source commits (news) edit
- 2018 Oct 15: [2e61ca8f435b76cc81b938b5d012884757cbba39 Update to 4.19-rc8— Michal Kubecekmkubecek@suse.cz]
- 2018 Oct 09: [903ffff58e2a94b9beb7616eff2298a4c14eddcc Merge branch 'packaging'— Michal Suchanekmsuchanek@suse.de]
- 2018 Oct 09: [48b03c4e62a9b45d666136bef7ab01aac892108e Revert "Limit kernel-source build to architectures for which we build binaries"— Michal Suchanekmsuchanek@suse.de]
- 2018 Oct 08: [63b130bcb30bd10b77ef7eda26dcc4eaec0d688e Update to 4.19-rc7— Michal Kubecekmkubecek@suse.cz]
- 2018 Oct 05: [361adad2f23707fccda6198f758f097a920ed461 Merge branch 'users/nborisov/master/for-next'— Michal Kubecekmkubecek@suse.cz]