Welcome to the PowerPC Portal edit
openSUSE for POWERtm is back! Thanks for OBS and KVM on POWER we are able to do a public builds. That means, you can, without any access to the PowerPC hardware, build your application for ppc64 or ppc64le architectures.
Feel free to join the openSUSE PowerPC mailing list as well as the #openSUSE-ppc IRC channel for questions or help. We are also actively looking for people to test our builds. If you have an PowerPC machine and you're encounter some bugs and are willing to spend some time to get it working with openSUSE, please contact us on the mailing list.
Thanks and here's to getting our Geeko some Power.
In the news edit
Leap 15.2 PowerPC pending dev
- related OBS project created at Leap15.2 PowerPC
- but still missing iso and repo as requested by issue#57455
Leap 15.1 PowerPC available on May 2019
- available in Leap page ; in Ports aarch64/ppc64le tab.
- known bugs at install time for Leap 15.1 ppc64le:
- boo#1132748 invalid url from "Additional Online repositories" ; so answer "No" when requested to use them.
- PR#187 empty source repo; to be changed to http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/
Leap 15.0 PowerPC
Leap 42.3 PowerPC available on 28th July 2017
- DVD and NET isos accessible from download page
Docker trial ppc64le Tumbleweed and Leap 42.3
- I just successfully tried to install docker in a Tumbleweed ppc64le guest and used it to pull and run the ppc64le/opensuse images available from Docker repository.
[michel@twppc64le:~] $sudo zypper install docker $sudo systemctl enable docker $sudo systemctl start docker $usermod -a -G docker michel === [michel@twppc64le:~] $docker pull ppc64le/opensuse $docker pull ppc64le/opensuse:tumbleweed $docker pull ppc64le/opensuse:42.3 $docker images REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE ppc64le/opensuse tumbleweed 74b5d7605cbf 39 hours ago 148MB ppc64le/opensuse 42.3 30109b769c78 39 hours ago 149MB ppc64le/opensuse latest 30109b769c78 39 hours ago 149MB === $docker run ppc64le/opensuse:tumbleweed cat /etc/os-release NAME="openSUSE Tumbleweed" # VERSION="20171127" ID=opensuse ID_LIKE="suse" VERSION_ID="20171127" PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE Tumbleweed" ANSI_COLOR="0;32" CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:opensuse:tumbleweed:20171127" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.opensuse.org" HOME_URL="https://www.opensuse.org/" === $docker run ppc64le/opensuse:42.3 cat /etc/os-release NAME="openSUSE Leap" VERSION="42.3" ID=opensuse ID_LIKE="suse" VERSION_ID="42.3" PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE Leap 42.3" ANSI_COLOR="0;32" CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:opensuse:leap:42.3" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.opensuse.org" HOME_URL="https://www.opensuse.org/"
|build archi||chips||available releases||comments|
|ppc64||P5 P6 P7||13.1 13.2 Tumbleweed||?|
This table is a first draft, to be completed/modified
Things to do edit
- openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC is OBS project for PowerPC Tumbleweed
- The list of packages to work in priority are in the 3 rings projects:
- dashboard for PowerPC developers that points to last openQA results. (not maintained page)
- DVD and NET ISOs for ppc64le (Little Endian) and ppc64 (Big Endian)
Portal:Leap wiki is general doc about Leap.
Leap 15.1 for PowerPC is current stable Leap release
- openSUSE:Leap:15.1:PowerPC is OBS project for PowerPC Leap 15.1
- openQA Leap 15.1 ppc64le (even if named 15)
- DVD and Net download iso but also available via software.opensuse.org as official stable Leap.
Previous Leap releases:
- Leap 42.3 DVD and NET isos accessible from download.opensuse.org
- Leap 15.0 for PowerPC is only built but not openQA tested as 20180530, only accessible from download iso
There are many development activities you may work on: