If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
openSUSE Kernel Flavors
There are a number of "flavors" of the openSUSE Kernel available designed for different uses. In general users on a desktop machine should use the desktop or default flavor. Servers running on real hardware should run the default flavor.
To view the exact options each flavor includes the configuration files in the directory config/ of the openSUSE kernel git.
- debug - increased debugging output and reduced performance, useful for finding bugs
- default - as the name suggests the default openSUSE Kernel for desktop and servers
- desktop -(deprecated) a desktop tuned Kernel which favors boot times and responsiveness
- ec2 - a Kernel designed to run on Amazon EC2
- trace - a Kernel with various tracing methods on like ftrace
- vanilla - the kernel.org Kernel that the openSUSE Kernel is based on with no patches from the openSUSE team. Useful to see if the openSUSE patches introduced a bug.
- xen - a Kernel designed for running under Xen