If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Libstorage is a C++ library for managing Linux storage devices. It was first developed for SuSE 10.1 as part of yast2-storage. Since openSUSE 11.2 it is a independent project.
Libstorage handles all steps for manipulating storage devices. E.g. when creating an encrypted partition it will, besides of creating the actual partition, setup encryption, format it, mount it and adjust /etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab.
- MSDOS and GPT partition tables
- Device-mapper (DM) RAID and Multipath
- Multiple Devices (MD) RAID
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- NFS Version 3 and 4
- Encrypted Filesystems and LVM Physical Volumes
- Different logical sectors sizes, e.g. 512B and 4kB
Full documentation is included in the libstorage-devel RPM under /usr/share/doc/packages/libstorage/autodocs/index.html. Addidionally some example programs are in /usr/share/doc/packages/libstorage/examples.
Swig generated Python bindings are provided in the libstorage-python RPM.