However, if you want to report the status of your existing PCs or its components, the following pages are useful. The openSUSE community records hardware compatibility with our distribution. Please share your experience, especially if you were able to solve a hardware issue. If a link to some device is red, that means we have no information about it yet. Please help by contributing what you have learned, or experienced about it.
How to add hardware information to the list?
The easiest way would be to use:
which will give some information about devices.
There are some other ways to obtain hardware information, often in a better format.
After you have data, you can post that as separate page in HCL namespace. Page title should be something like:
HCL:Dell Inspiron 545 (hardware)
Adding HCL: will keep hardware information away from direct wiki search, but it will be available trough HCL special wiki search or through the search box on this page.
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Power management - Suspend
- SDB:Printer buying guide
- SDB:NVIDIA is about NVIDIA 3D support.
- SDB:ATI is about ATI 3D support.
- SDB:VIA is about VIA support.
- POWER@SUSE is openSUSE on PPC architecture, but currently due to lack of maintainers is not supported.
- Smolt was hardware information collection.
- Hardware probe is a new-gen hardware collector.