tagline: From openSUSE
Welcome to the KDE Portal edit
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Plasma, made by KDE is the default graphical desktop environment of openSUSE. The latest version, Plasma 5, is a fresh, elegant and powerful desktop for both beginner and advanced users.
KDE software is not limited to a desktop environment. The software made by the community includes:
- Plasma, the graphical desktop;
- KDE Applications, a collection of a wide variety of applications for communication, work, education and entertainment, including famous progrms like Kate;
- Additional high-quality applications, such as DigiKam and Krita;
- KDE Frameworks, a series of modules to easily build new applications upon.
What makes KDE software on openSUSE special:
- It has a team of dedicated engineers who spend much of their time fixing bugs so you can rely on KDE.
- It has a large, active and highly experienced community team around it who bring multiple points of view and different interests to the project so that KDE software on openSUSE meets many users' needs
- Through its innovation it stimulates the openSUSE distribution to develop, evolve and progress
Things to do edit
- Get a grip on all the links. The sheer amount of links on this portal is enormous. There are a couple of things where we can consolidate:
- Transfer and update some KDE 4 tips you should know
All of KDE edit
In the news edit
- Feb 20: Highlights of YaST development sprint 31— Yast Team
- Oct 15: Proprietary AMD/ATI Catalyst fglrx 15.12 rpms released for LEAP 42.2— Bruno Friedmann
- Mar 17: AMD Catalyst 15.12 for openSUSE – new makerpm-amd-script is available— Sebastian Siebert
- Dec 21: Announcing Li-f-e 42.1— Jigish Gohil
- Dec 06: Proprietary AMD/ATI Catalyst fglrx rpms new release 15.11 (15.300.1025-1)— Bruno Friedmann