tagline: From openSUSE
Welcome to the Installation Portal edit
Thanks for choosing openSUSE! We prepared some instructions to help your installation quick and easy.
- Tumbleweed, rolling release with latest and stable software
- Leap, regular release with mature, complete software and 36 months support
Each release, you can choose different types of installation images to download: DVD and Network. DVD image contains all packages needed for installation and is perfect for offline installation. Network image is very small and downloads system and packages from online repositories.
You can write installation images to either DVD/CD disks or USB sticks. Always keep an installation media in case you need to rescue system.
Things to do edit
To be done:
- Streamlining of SDB:System upgrade
- Include SDB:Instlux possibility in the documentation and upgrade article with some screen shots
- Prepare openSUSE 42.2 installation docs. (SDB:DVD installation for 42.2)
Work in progress:
- Writing of SDB:Partitioning with useful information about various partition schemes possible during installation.
- Writing of SDB:File_system explain to beginners how the file-system in linux works.
- Writing of SDB:Installation on external hard drive extra steps to the normal installation. (Screenshots uploaded) --Muhlemmer
- Upgrade SDB:Network installation to the latest versions and some screenshots
- Fill the Welkom to... box on this portal (on top) with something usefull
- Moving Category:SDB:Installation to portal, articles that belong here.
- Created this portal with releases box and category tree in right collomn --Muhlemmer
- Filled screenshots box with content --Muhlemmer
- Filled topics box with most typical installation resources and download links --Muhlemmer
- Create a sub-category structure for easier navigation --Muhlemmer
Last updated by --Muhlemmer 13:46, 13 March 2011 (MDT)
All installation pages edit
Current release pages edit
Maintained Previous Releases: