tagline: From openSUSE
Welcome to the openSUSE Portal:12.1 Portal edit
openSUSE 12.1 has been released on Wednesday the 16th of November 2011. This release brings many new improvements from the desktop to the underlying infrastructure and also marks the introduction of GNOME 3.2, ownCloud, Snapper and much more.
12.1 can be downloaded from software.opensuse.org and the 12.1 retail edition had been available for purchase from various sources. The retail edition is a version of openSUSE with a complete printed end-user manual, installation media, lot's of vouchers and more. Note openSUSE 12.1 has been succeeded by openSUSE 12.2 and openSUSE 12.3 and is at its End of Life as of May 6, 2013.
Top features edit
openSUSE 12.1 brings you upgrades to the latest Free Software desktop and server technologies as well as unique features, like the new Snapper tool bringing file change monitoring and rollback functionality to openSUSE. Read on to get an overview of what's new in openSUSE 12.1
Maintained Previous Releases:
In the news edit
- Oct 20: Start Using Qt 5.10 Beta in KDE Unstable repositories: Krypton and Argon— Douglas DeMaio
- Oct 19: GNU Compiler Collection 6 Removed from Tumbleweed— Douglas DeMaio
- Oct 12: Plasma 5.11, GNOME 3.26.1 Land in Tumbleweed— Douglas DeMaio
- Oct 11: Special Edition Highlights openSUSE, KDE— Douglas DeMaio
- Oct 05: Tumbleweed Goes Astronomical— Douglas DeMaio