This wiki was updated to MediaWiki 1.37. If you notice any issues, please report them to admin[at]opensuse.org
openSUSE supports most PC hardware components.
The following requirements should be met to ensure smooth operation of openSUSE Leap
- Pentium* 4 1.6 GHz or higher processor (Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or higher or any AMD64 or Intel64 processor recommended)
- Main memory: 1 GB physical RAM (at least 1.5 GB when using online repos, 2 GB recommended)
- Hard disk: 10 GB available disk space for a minimal install, 16 GB available for a graphical desktop (40 GB or more recommended)
- Sound and graphics cards: supports most modern sound and graphics cards, 800 x 600 display resolution (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- Booting from DVD drive or USB-Stick for installation, or support for booting over network (you need to setup PXE by yourself, look also at PXE boot installation) or an existing installation of openSUSE, more information at Installation without CD
The GRUB bootloader co-operates with other operating systems on the same machine. openSUSE can be installed on one free harddisk partition, while preserving existing installations on other partitions.