openSUSE Portal:12.3 Release information edit
The support for openSUSE 12.3 has ended on January 29th 2015 after over 21 months of lifetime.
openSUSE 12.3 was released on Wednesday, March 13, 2013. As our latest release, this brings the best of Free Software in the familiar openSUSE package: stable and complete.
Please read the Release Notes for important information before installing the distribution.
Feature highlights edit
As this was a shorter-than-normal cycle, much attention went into the details.
In detail edit
Few Applications edit
This is an list of all featured applications provided by openSUSE.
Web & Internet
Full-feature and extendable:
- Firefox is the default browser of openSUSE. Good choice for privacy and customization.
- Chromium is the open source version of Chrome.
- Tor browser can protect you tracking, surveillance and censorship.
- Falkon is a simple and easy to use browser from KDE with built-in ad blocker.
- Midori is a very light weight browser, perfect for old and low end hardware.
- Lynx is a text browser running in console.
- qBittorrent is a nice Qt BitTorrent client with powerful search plugin system.
- Transmission provides both GTK+ and Qt user interface. It also has web and terminal clients for remote control.
- WebTorrent Desktop can play video/audio torrents, without waiting for full download.
Windows Compatible Layer