tagline: From openSUSE
Chromium is the multi platform open source web browser which is the base of Google Chrome. The minimalist design is part of Chromiums major goal of becoming the tabbed web shell. Being built upon WebKit engine Chromium provides latest HTML5 and CSS3 features to its users.
- multi-process architecture - each site instance or plugin runs in separate process which for end users means better security and stability
- themes - makes chromium easy to fit into your desktop design
- preferences sync - keeping the same settings, bookmarks, extensions and theme over multiple machines
- incognito mode - private browsing prevents storing history or cookies by visited websites
- DNS prefetching - faster address to IP resolution
Besides the openSUSE builds from the Build Service (see the links in the box above), you can get stable, beta and development packages on Google's "Early Access Release Channels" directly from The Chromium Projects.
Especially for Customization
There are some themes that let Chrome and Chromium better fit into the KDE style: