The following requirements have to be met for a satisfying entry:
The package needs to
- be in openSUSE:Tumbleweed
- see openSUSE:How to contribute to Factory if that is not the case
- have a .desktop file for categories
- see openSUSE:Packaging desktop menu categories for standardization.
- contain a appdata.xml file for screenshots and descriptions
Best practice is to submit missing or corrected .desktop and .appdata.xml files upstream and include the changes or addition in a patch marked with patch tags as explained in openSUSE:Packaging Patches guidelines. This way the whole Linux ecosystem benefits. The .desktop are used for program menus and the .appdata.xml is used for GNOME Software, Pantheon AppCenter or KDE Plasma Discover as well.