If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Feel free to join the openSUSE Arm mailing list as well as the #openSUSE-arm IRC channel for questions or help. We are also actively looking for people to enable hardware we don't support yet. If you have an armv8 or armv7 based device that doesn't work yet and are willing to spend some time to get it working with openSUSE, please contact us on the mailing list.
And if your are a hardware vendor, you may want to donate some hardware to the openSUSE project to enable openSUSE on your system, to test openSUSE on your system, or to add more build power to our Arm build system.
There is also always room for improvement on the package building side of things. You can check out Factory build failures to see what packages need some love. If you think you can help out, please try and fix something that doesn't work and submitrequest the change to devel projects. Help is very much welcome!
If you'd like to enable a board that is not listed below or improve others, check out our ARM Contrib program that allows for non-upstream supported systems to get openSUSE support.
Building packages locally via osc or even manually to test is not difficult thanks to QEMU. We recommend to use the latest Leap or Tumbleweed as your base build OS as it contains the latest tool set to run Arm binaries.
Thanks and here's to getting our Geeko some Arms.
Release supported platforms
- AArch64: Any AArch64 platform with a standard UEFI boot environment are supported. Below are some pages sorted by SoC type:
- Actions Semi: CubieBoard7
- Allwinner: Pine64, etc.
- AMD: Softiron Overdrive 1000, AMD Seattle
- Amlogic: LibreComputer Lafrite/LePotato, Khadas Vim, Odroid N2/C2
- Ampere: eMag, Altra
- Applied Micro: APM Mustang, HP Moonshot m400
- Arm: N1SDP
- Broadcom: Raspberry Pi 3, Pi4, Pi400
- Graviton: AWS A1, AWS M6g
- HiSilicon: D05, Hikey, Hikey960, Hikey970, etc.
- Marvell: MACCHIATObin, ThunderX, ThunderX2, etc.
- Mediatek: MediaTek X20
- Nvidia: Tegra Jetson Nano, etc.
- NXP: HoneyComb, ClearFog CX
- Qualcomm: DragonBoard410c, etc.
- Realtek: BananaPi M4/W2, etc.
- Rockchip: Rock64, Pinebook Pro, etc.
- Xilinx: ZynqMP, Ultra96, etc.
- Actions Semi: CubieBoard6, etc.
- Allwinner: BananaPi, Cubie Board, OLinuXino, Orange Pi Zero, Pine64, etc.
- Amlogic: Odroid C1
- Arm: Versatile Express
- Broadcom: Raspberry Pi 2
- Exynos: Arndale, Chromebook
- Intel (formerly Altera): Stratix or Cyclone V FPGA/SoC, such as DE0-Nano
- Marvell: Clearfog, Turris Omnia
- Mediatek: GeekForce, Rho Board
- Nvidia: Toshiba AC100/Dynabook AZ
- NXP: CuBox, CuBox-i, Sabre Lite, etc.
- Rockchip: MK808, Tinker board, etc.
- Sunplus: BananaPi F2S
- Texas Instrument: Beagleboard-xM, Beaglebone, Beaglebone Black, Pandaboard, etc.
- Unisoc/RDA: Orange Pi i96, Orange Pi 2G-IoT
- Xilinx: Zynq
Community supported platforms
Those boards are using a downstream kernel instead of the openSUSE one.
Platforms needing some work
The following systems are under development.
- Apple: M1 based systems - WIP upstream
All EOL boards are listed in here and removed from the SoC vendor list.
- Machine Learning on AArch64:
- openSUSE on AArch64 (64-bit Arm)
- ARM architecture support
- Infos to get openSUSE running on your Arm board
- Infos about Arm boards support
- How to work on the Arm distribution
- How to hack on Arm microcontrollers
- ARM Tech Symposia 2014
- Armv8-A Architecture support in GNU toolchain (ARM website)
- Table of Arm Architecture features vs Kernel Versions (Arm website)
- 2021 Jul 23: GNOME, Wireshark update in Tumbleweed— email@example.com (Douglas DeMaio)
- 2021 Jul 19: Leap Gains Maintenance Update Improvements— firstname.lastname@example.org (Douglas DeMaio)
- 2021 Jul 09: Tumbleweed Gets RubyGems Updates, New systemd— email@example.com (Douglas DeMaio)
- 2021 Jul 07: IRC and Matrix announcements— firstname.lastname@example.org (Neal Gompa)
- 2021 Jul 05: Google Summer of Code 2021: IBus Customize— email@example.com (Songlin Jiang)
Many thanks to Marvell/Cavium for sponsoring some ThunderX2 machines