tagline: From openSUSE
The Parallella is a single-board computer (SBC).
- Zynq-7010 or Zynq-7020 SoC
- dual Cortex-A9 CPU
- 16-core Epiphany-III coprocessor (or 64-core Epiphany-IV)
- 10/100/1000 Mbit Ethernet
- HDMI (via FPGA)
- Partition SD card using MBR (TODO: test GPT), with one FAT "BOOT" partition (e.g., 100MB) and one ext4 "rootfs" partition
- Extract JeOS rootfs into rootfs partition
- Build parallella-linux-adi.git xcomm_zynq branch using parallella_defconfig plus the usual suspects like CONFIG_FHANDLE=y, CONFIG_FANOTIFY=y, etc. and with LOADADDR=0x8000 for uImage, copy uImage into BOOT partition
- U-Boot boots without delay, so place kernel options into zynq-parallella.dts, such as console=ttyPS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 (by default outputs to HDMI)
- make dtbs, copy zynq-parallella.dtb as devicetree.dtb and uImage into BOOT partition
- Place FPGA bitstream as parallella.bit.bin into BOOT partition
Basic support (serial console, Ethernet) has been added upstream for v3.17.
|A cross-epiphany-binutils package is available already.|
Cross-compilers for Epiphany are being prepared at home:a_faerber:epiphany.