ARM Mali GPU
Upstream software, aka Lima/Panfrost
Kernel modules are included from kernel 5.2+. But only few boards have GPU enabled in the device tree.
- Lima supports Utgard Mali GPU: Mali-400 / Mali-450 GPU
- Panfrost supports Bifrost and Midgard Mali GPU: Mali-Gxx GPU and Mali-T6xx / Mali-T7xx / Mali-T8xx GPU
For user-space, you need Mesa 19.2+ (19.1.x is not very stable nor usable for lima/panfrost). You can install some test binaries to try it, such as kmscube, glmark2, Mesa-demo or Mesa-demo-x
Mali kernel packages are available in devel:ARM:Factory:Contrib:Mali:
- mali-bifrost-kmp: Mali-Gxx GPU kernel modules
- mali-midgard-kmp: Mali-T6xx / Mali-T7xx / Mali-T8xx GPU kernel modules
- mali-utgard-kmp: Mali-400 / Mali-450 GPU kernel modules
You will need to update your device tree to enable it. For details, see driver/product/kernel/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/* files in packages sources: devel:ARM:Factory:Contrib:Mali
See https://developer.arm.com/products/software/mali-drivers/user-space to download and install binaries libraries which depends on your board.