tagline: From openSUSE
Heroes Team members are people helping the project with all system administration related tasks. It consists of people with skills ranging from generic Administrators over to Storage and Network experts.
In short: the team helps the openSUSE community make their ideas and dreams come true.
As team we communicate over a lot of channels. Mostly mailing list and IRC.
- join our monthly meeting - usually at the first Tuesday of a month at 20:00 CET / 18:00 UTC at irc://irc.opensuse.org/#opensuse-admin
- email@example.com Is where you can write and create issues for our ticket system.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Is our mailing list and communication channel.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
- #opensuse-admin on the freenode network is the generic channel where you can reach us. We have a bot there that logs the discussions. You can have a look at former discussions here.
- #opensuse-buildservice on the freenode network is the 2nd channel where you can reach us
- We post informations about maintenance of the infrastructure to news.opensuse.org
- For ways to communicate with us individually check our list of members
One of the main areas of work for the Heroes Team is the system administration of the infrastructure for openSUSE. Here is a short list of so called projects, that need our help:
- The mirror infrastructure for deploying ISO images and packages over the world. This includes updates for released distributions and also providing the upcoming openSUSE release to our users (have a look at our Checklist, if you want to know more about this).
- The Build Service - including not only hardware related tasks but also the involvement inside the project (discussing the Roadmap, working on the Source Code and also helping Build Service Users on #opensuse-buildservice.
- Providing the infrastructure behind openFate and other projects like the openSUSE Conference, the Documentation, Users or the Maintenance infrastructure.
Each individual team member has also some duties. Beside the regular team meetings (online on IRC or in person) where we discuss important topics occurred during the last meeting, everyone has some special tasks and areas of interest (others call it: hobbies).
|Image||Name||Freenode nick||Blog|| Email
(add opensuse.org behind the @)
|Area of expertise|
|Markus Rückert||darix||http://nordisch.org/||darix@||Package review, openSUSE infrastructure|
|Theo Chatzimichos||tampakrap||https://www.tampakrap.gr/||tampakrap@||openSUSE Infrastructure, configuration management|
|Christian Boltz||cboltz||-||cboltz@||Admin for English Wiki|
|Sarah Kriesch||AdaLovelace||-||sarah.kriesch@||Admin for German Wiki|
|Thorsten B.||thomic||TBro@||openSUSE Infrastructure, SaltStack, Hardware wishlist|
|Per Jessen||pjessen||http://rambling.jessen.ch/||per@||mailing list manager|
|Ioan Vancea||IonutVan||https://www.vioan.eu/||IonutVan@||~ to be assigned ~|
You want to contribute to our openSUSE infrastructure? Contact us via IRC or at the mailing list.
Check the list of teams to learn more about which teams exist in the project.