openSUSE:Medical desktop applications
Please use the Project or Package Name to add packages here. Create the Name as Link to the external Project homepage. Give a short summary after the name and then explain, why this package is useful in an medical environment. Add links to tutorials at the end of your list item. Since this is an all volunteer project there are items in the repositories that are not listed here please take some time to use and review them as well. This will help correct this problem.
If we are missing some application, feel free to add a link and a short introduction on the Wishlist.
Public Health and Biosurveillance
Electronic health or medical record
- FreeMedForms (Freemedforms) - open source suite of medical applications (EMR, prescriptor, ICD10 coding assistant and others) in C++/Qt4.6/GPLv3.
- GNUmed (GNUmed) - is a practice management and electronic medical records system. It allows keeping track of patient's medical history and current illnesses. It is developed by doctors from many countries and targeted at medical offices rather then hospitals. GNUmed is released under the GPL.
Medical Practice Management Software
- FreeDiams (Freediams) - open source pharmaceutical drug prescriptor and drug-drug interaction checker. From the FreeMedForms project.
Health System Management
- TEMPO (TEMPO) - stands for "Topographic Eeg Mapping PrOgram". It is an open source software for 3D visualization of brain electrical activity. TEMPO is released under the GPL.
Medical Information Systems
MPI - Master Patient Index
Mobile / Handheld Devices
- Folding@home (Folding@Home) - Folding@Home is a program developed by Stanford University that uses a system's CPU to simulate the process of "folding" protein in the human body. This information is then used to better understand how then body folds proteins and how the improper folding of proteins causes severe diseases in the body, including cancer. More information can be found on the Folding@Home website (link found below) and the results and benchmarks of this breakthrough research can also be found on the main website (also found below). This program does not take up a large amount of space and only require a simple start command in a terminal on boot. Help save lives! Make a difference!
| - Gnome application (GTK)|
| - KDE application (QT)|
| - Java application|
|- Application in offical openSUSE repo|