openSUSE:Conference FAQ 2015
- 1 Event Details - Registration and payment
- 1.1 Q: What time does the event start/end?
- 1.2 Q: Will there be any parties?
- 1.3 Q: Can I see if I am properly registered?
- 1.4 Q: I added that I'd support the conference/forgot to add that I want to support the conference, can I change that??
- 1.5 Q: I registered to support the conference, how do I pay?
- 1.6 Q: I am a speaker, should I register?
- 1.7 Q: I registered but I can't come, can you remove me?
- 2 Travelling Information
- 2.1 Q: What is The Hagues timezone
- 2.2 Q: Where can I book my air tickets from?
- 2.3 Q: Do I need a passport?
- 2.4 Q: How much money would I need per day?
- 2.5 Q: How hard is it to find English speaking people there?
- 2.6 Q: What happens if I get lost or if I get in trouble, or if I get hit, or if I get drunk?
- 2.7 Q: I'm thinking of buying a Dutch SIM card, how much does it cost?
- 2.8 Q: What is the country code for The Netherlands
- 2.9 Q: Could you give us a summary of available android applications?
- 3 Getting Around Hague & Tourist Info
- 4 Directions between airport / venue / hotels / center
Event Details - Registration and payment
Q: What time does the event start/end?
A: You can find the exact schedule in our website  as soon as the talks are confirmed. The detailed conference schedule will be available in printed format at the registration desk.
Q: Will there be any parties?
You bet there will be! Stay tuned for details about our Parties!
Q: Can I see if I am properly registered?
A: Yes and you should, because we only reserve food, badges, party places etc for those registered. You can check and edit your registration details from the .
Q: I added that I'd support the conference/forgot to add that I want to support the conference, can I change that??
Absolutely. Your support is very important for us.
Visit the  again and choose to support us.
Q: I registered to support the conference, how do I pay?
Thank you for supporting us!
Please follow the link from the Registration Page. If you have any trouble at all, please contact us at the visitors' Mailing List (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Alternatively, if it's too late for that, you can pay during the conference at the registration desk.
Q: I am a speaker, should I register?
Yes, please! We only reserve food, badges, party places etc for those registered so if you're, like most of us, human, and need to feed sometimes it is advisable to register.
Q: I registered but I can't come, can you remove me?
In the unfortunate event that you cannot make it to the conference, please unregister or let us know so that we can have a better estimation of the number of attendees.
oSC 15 takes place in Hague, The Netherlands
Q: What is The Hagues timezone
The timezone is CEST
Q: Where can I book my air tickets from?
A: We can recommend the following websites:
Airport Information: The Hague shares an airport with Rotterdam. It can be reached from Central Station by RandstadRail Line E, with an Airport Shuttle to and from Meijersplein Station. However, with several direct trains per hour from the railway stations Hollands Spoor and Centraal, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is more frequently used by people travelling to and from The Hague by air.(Source: Wikipedia )
Airport code: AMS
Airport name: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - the main international airport of the Netherlands, located 20 minutes southwest of Amsterdam
Q: Do I need a passport?
A: The Netherlands is a member of the European Union and belongs to the Schengen Area. This means that you can enter the country with your European ID if you come from an European country, otherwise you need a valid passport and possibly a VISA.
Q: How much money would I need per day?
You need about E 50,- per day. But it entirely depends on what you want to do and where you want to go. If you will only be attending the Conference and conference social events, as these are all sponsored, you will need less (approx E 30,- per day).
Q: How hard is it to find English speaking people there?
Emergency numbers, including the number from a conference staff member, are also printed on your badge.
Q: What happens if I get lost or if I get in trouble, or if I get hit, or if I get drunk?
A: Emergency numbers will be printed on your badge. Apart from the police/ambulance, there is also a number from a person that will be able to provide you with assistance in case of emergency (please only use in case of real emergency).
Q: I'm thinking of buying a Dutch SIM card, how much does it cost?
Q: What is the country code for The Netherlands
Country code is 031
If you want to call abroad, you just use your country's code.
Q: Could you give us a summary of available android applications?
Getting Around Hague & Tourist Info
Q: Taxi Info
A taxi in The Hague is quite an expensive solution. They operate 24 hours/day and you can find one quite easily. There are special locations where taxis gather, or you can just get one from the street.
Drivers don't accept credit cards.
Q: Ticket Information - Where do I get a transportation ticket and how much does it cost?
A: You can buy a ticket from: I) Kiosks II) Ticket Houses or III) inside the bus.
You need a ticket called OV Chipkaart, which you can load with an amount of money for travel expenses in all types of public transport.
Q: At what time does the public transportation start/end?
A: Public Buses operate roughly from 6:00 to 1:00 every 5-10 minutes. Most bus stops have a real-time indicator of next arrival.
Useful locations & places
- Venue (Westvliet 55 - The Hague)
- Nearest bus stop: Herenstraat - Voorburg - Nearest train station : Voorburg - Nearest taxi point: You can easily find a cab right outside of the venue, at the intersection.
Q: Sightseeing - What *not* to miss?
Directions between airport / venue / hotels / center
Airport to Venue/hotels
Hotel -> Venue
Hotel -> City Center