If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
openSUSE Ad-hoc Board Election 2020
We have one seat to be filled on the openSUSE Board following the resignation of Christian Boltz in February 2020. The announcement of the openSUSE Ad-hoc Board election 2020 was made on the project mailing list.
- 20 July 2020
- Announcement of the Ad-hoc openSUSE Board Election 2020
- Call for Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy
- Membership drive
- 2 August 2020
- Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy close
- 3 August 2020
- Announcement of the final list of candidates
- Campaign begins
- Membership drive continues, opportunity to apply for openSUSE Membership, but members will only be eligible to vote and not run as a candidate
- 17 August 2020
- Ballots open: Please cast your vote during this time
- Campaign continues
- 30 August 2020
- Ballots close
- 31 August 2020
- Announcement of results
You can contact the committee using the mail address email@example.com.
Detailed explanation of all phases
Phase 0: Notification of Intent to Run or nomination
Only openSUSE members are eligible to run for openSUSE Board openings. Election Committee Officials, however, are not eligible to run in order to avoid conflicts of interest. To stand for a position in the openSUSE board please send a mail to
Phase 1: Campaign
During the campaign phase there should be:
- plenty of campaign releases about the upcoming election by the candidates in openSUSE Communication outlets;
- interviews with all candidates by the openSUSE news team;
- interviews of outgoing and current board members to give a picture of life on the openSUSE Board
Phase 2: Election
All persons with voting rights will be able to cast their votes using a link emailed to them mentioning https://elections.opensuse.org. Once a vote has been submitted, it can be changed until the end of the election period. All votes are stored anonymously in the electronic system.
List of candidates will be published on 3 August 2020.
The result of this election will be announced on 31 August 2020.