openSUSE Regular Board Election 2021
This is a regular election as defined in our Election Rules.
This year there are two seats for election in accordance with our normal election cycle. 1. Simon Lees who is not eligible for re-election in accordance with our rules is not and we thank him for this hard work on the board over the previous years. 2. Vinzenz Vietzke who is still eligible for re-election.
The announcement of the openSUSE Regular Board Election 2021 was made on the project mailing list.
Visual / Poster
Poster courtesy - Kukuh Syafaat.
01 November 2021
- Announcement of the openSUSE Board Election 2021
- Call for Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy
- Membership drive
22 November 2021
- Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy close
22 November 2021
- Announcement of the final list of candidates
- Campaign begins
- Membership drive continues, opportunity to apply for openSUSE Membership, but members will only be eligible to vote and not run as a candidate
13 December 2021
- Ballots open: Please cast your vote during this time
- Campaign continues
30 December 2021
- Ballots close
31 December 2021
- Announcement of results
You can contact the committee using the mail address email@example.com.
Detailed explanation of all phases
Phase 0: Notification of Intent to Run or nomination
Only openSUSE members are eligible to run for openSUSE Board openings. Election Committee Officials, however, are not eligible to run in order to avoid conflicts of interest. To stand for a position in the openSUSE board please send a mail to
Phase 1: Campaign
During the campaign phase there should be:
- plenty of campaign releases about the upcoming election by the candidates in openSUSE Communication outlets;
- interviews with all candidates by the openSUSE news team;
- interviews of outgoing and current board members to give a picture of life on the openSUSE Board
Phase 2: Election
All persons with voting rights will be able to cast their votes using a link emailed to them mentioning https://elections.opensuse.org. Once a vote has been submitted, it can be changed until the end of the election period. All votes are stored anonymously in the electronic system.
Members may vote for one candidate only or up to a maximum of three candidates. Members may also opt for "None of the above" if they do not find any suitable candidate in this election.
The openSUSE Board Election 2021 candidates are: