tagline: From openSUSE
- Act as a central point of contact
- Help resolve conflicts
- Communicate community interests to SUSE
- Facilitate communication with all areas of the community
- Facilitate decision making processes where needed.
The board should provide guidance and support existing governance structures, but shouldn't direct or control development, since community mechanisms exist to accomplish the goals of the project. The board should document decisions and policies.
The board members are elected by the community and the chair person is appointed by SUSE. The current chosen members are as follows:
Current an past activities that the board is pursuing are tracked on the Board Activities page.
|Richard Brown (Chair) / ilmehtar is from England but currently lives in Nuremberg in Germany, and is employed as a QA Engineer by SUSE. Involved in openSUSE/SUSE since 2003, Richard has contributed to various aspects of the project, including supporting users on IRC, testing/bug reporting, packaging, marketing, ambassadors and artwork. Richard is currently most involved as a maintainer of GNOME and the openSUSE branding packages, and working on packaging Spacewalk for openSUSE.|
|Michal Hrušecký / miska Born and living in Prague, Czech Republic. Working as a software engineer and loving open source where contributing for years. Enjoys playing with computers, PDAs (nowadays smartphones (currently Jolla)). Likes to attend conferences and promote open source in general, openSUSE in particular. And from time to time likes to try something new.|
|Kosta Koudaras / warlordfff was born, raised, and lives in Thessaloniki, Greece. He has worked as a firefighter for the past 12 years. He loves his fiance, nature, music, motorcycles, his dog, his aquarium, and FOSS. A community guy, trying to motivate people to act more and talk less although he talks a lot in the process. Part of the Marketing Team, heavily involved in the ambassador and the TSP program until recently and co-kickstarter of the Greek community.|
|Tomáš (scarabeus) Chvátal happily lives in Prague, which as you know is the capitol of a country that consumes tons of beer. With that distraction present he actually managed to finish his degree from computer sciences and start working for SUSE. He is team lead of the Packagers team there and tries to break^Wfix as many things as humanly possible so we can all enjoy nice and stable openSUSE experience.|
|Gertjan Lettink / Knurpht lives in Groningen, Netherlands in a (since 2001) windowsless house, works as a self employed IT all-rounder, has a passion for open source and loves the openSUSE community. Nothing beats music though. Active in the forums, social media, co-organizer of local events. Using openSUSE and it's predecessors from 6.4, A community person, with a strong interest in the technical side of the project. Firm against this-vs-that polls.|
|Bryan Lunduke lives in Portland, Oregon. He works in marketing for SUSE and is a technology journalist for Network World. He writes books (sometimes about Linux), records podcasts and does the occasional bit of public speaking. Also he talks about himself in the third person. Plus he smells just delightful. Sort of like roses. Only wicked, wicked better.|
- You can reach the board privately via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- email@example.com - The board invites everybody to start general discussions on the project mailinglist.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
Past Board members
- Pascal Bleser (2007-2010) (2012-2013)
- Francis Giannaros (2007-2008)
- Andreas Jaeger (Chair) (2007-2008)
- Stephan Kulow (2007-2008)
- Federico Mena-Quintero (2007-2009)
- Stephan Shaw (2009)
- Michael Loeffler (Chair) (2008-2010)
- Bryen Yunashko (2008-2011)
- Pavol Rusnak (2009-2011) (2014)
- Rupert Horstkötter (2009-2011)
- Peter Linnell (2011-2012)
- Alan Clark (Chair) (2011-2012)
- Henne Vogelsang (2008-2012)
- Manu Gupta (2012)
- Will Stephenson (2012-2013)
- Raymond Wooninck (2013)
- Vincent Untz (Chair) (2012-2014)
- November 8th, 2007 : 1st openSUSE Board Appointed Board - Pascal Bleser, Francis Giannaros, Andreas Jaeger (chairman), Stephan Kulow, Federico Mena-Quintero.
- October 27th, 2008 : 2nd openSUSE Board 1st Elected Board- Pascal Bleser, Michael Loeffler (chairman), Federico Mena-Quintero*, Stephen Shaw, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko (*Stephen Shaw stepped in as interim Board Member for remainder of Federico Mena-Quintero's term May 2009).
- December 22th, 2009 : 3rd openSUSE Board - Pascal Bleser, Rupert Horstkötter, Michael Loeffler (chairman), Pavol Rusnak, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko.
- January 26th, 2011 : 4th openSUSE Board - Alan Clark (chairman), Rupert Horstkötter, Peter Linnell, Pavol Rusnak, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko.
- January 26th, 2012 : 5th openSUSE Board - Pascal Bleser, Manu Gupta, Will Stephenson, Vincent Untz (chairman), Henne Vogelsang, Andrew Wafaa.
- January 9, 2013 : 6th openSUSE Board - Richard Brown, Robert Schweikert, Will Stephenson, Vincent Untz (chairman), Andrew Wafaa, Raymond Wooninck
- Pascal Bleser stepped down in March 2013, and Richard Brown was appointed to replace him.
- December 14th, 2013 : 7th openSUSE Board - Richard Brown, Bruno Friedmann, Kostas Koudaras, Robert Schweikert, Vincent Untz (chairman), Andrew Wafaa
- August 11, 2014 : Vincent Untz resigns, Richard Brown appointed Chair to replace Vincent and Peter Linnell appointed http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2014-08/msg00030.html by the Board to replace Richard as a Board Member.
- January 27, 2015 : 8th openSUSE Board - Richard Brown (chairman), Bruno Friedmann, Kostas Koudaras, Robert Schweikert, Michal Hrušecký, Andrew Wafaa