If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
openSUSE:Archive:Board election 2019-2020
2019-2020 openSUSE Board Election
This year we have two seats to be filled on the openSUSE Board. We thank our outgoing Board members Gertjan Lettink and Simon Lees for their time and commitment while serving the Board. Gertjan has completed two terms on the Board while Simon completed his first term, thus he is eligible to run as Board candidate one more time.
The announcement of the openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 was made on the project mailing list.
- 5 December 2019
- Announcement of the openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 on the project mailing list
- Call for Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy
- Membership drive opportunity to apply for an openSUSE Membership (in order to vote or to run as a candidate)
- 25 December 2019
- Nominations and Applications for Board candidacy close
- 26 December 2019
- Announcement of the final list of candidates
- Campaign begins
- Membership drive continues, opportunity to apply for openSUSE Membership, but members will only be eligible to vote and not run as candidate
- 16 January 2020
- Ballots open: Please cast your vote during this time
- Campaign continues
- 31 January 2020
- Ballots close
- 1 February 2020
- Announcement of the results
You can contact the committee using the mail address email@example.com.
Detailed explanation of all phases
Phase 0: Notification of Intent to Run or nomination
Only openSUSE members are eligible to run for openSUSE Board openings. Election Committee Officials, however, are not eligible to run in order to avoid conflicts of interest. To stand for a position in the openSUSE board please send a mail to
Phase 1: Campaign
During the campaign phase there should be:
- plenty of campaign releases about the upcoming election by the candidates in openSUSE Communication outlets;
- interviews with all candidates by the openSUSE news team;
- interviews of outgoing and current board members to give a picture of life on the openSUSE Board
Phase 2: Election
All persons with voting rights will be able to cast their votes using a link emailed to them mentioning https://elections.opensuse.org. Once a vote has been submitted, it can be changed until the end of the election period. All votes are stored anonymously in the electronic system.
openSUSE Board election 2019-2020 candidates are:
Simon has been re-elected for another term and Sarah replaces Gertjan on the board.
- Simon Lees 161
- Sarah Julia Kriesch 138
- Vinzenz Vietzke 130
- Alessandro de Oliveira Faria 95
281 out of 500 eligible members have cast their vote in this election.