Production related background information regarding t-shirts.
- T-shirts will not be printed using the classic CMYK method. A plotter based technique will be used instead, which means, there will be a small range of colored film (14 or 16 colors). The printer will cut the motives out of this film and iron them to the shirt.
What this means:
- Every extra color and motive cost extra money and we are not M$.
- The minimum size of imaging is approximately 0.5 - 1mm. Refrain from using delicate intricacies in images i.e. fine lines, stiple, etc.
- Gradients can not be processed.
- Photorealistic images will not work.
- Please adhere to the KISS (Keep it simple and Stupid) rule and the [openSUSE:Artwork_brand|Branding guidelines]
- Do not use more than 3 Colors. in the design. E.g. green and white on a black shirt.
- For motivation or examples, see the designs used by our marketing team in the openSUSE shop.