If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Welcome to the ZSystems edit
Due to the demand for an open z Systems distribution, we started to build the architecture s390x on the Open Build Service. Find the development project page at openSUSE:Factory:zSystems. If you want to contribute, it is recommended to submit patches via openSUSE:Factory. They will be transferred to the zSystems port after the approval.
Please join the opensuse-zsystems mailing list for questions or help.
The first installable testversion of openSUSE Tumbleweed is available. To install, use the repositories available at http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/tumbleweed/repo/oss/ or download the ISO image from http://download.opensuse.org/ports/zsystems/tumbleweed/iso/. Note, that this project is a port to Tumbleweed, and not a fully supported architecture.
For more information about Tumbleweed, see Tumbleweed.
The repositories related to this project are:
Container Images (Docker Hub)
There are builds of Docker images based on openSUSE Tumbleweed available:
The first installable Beta version of our stable release openSUSE Leap 15.3. You can download the iso image for s390x from https://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.3/iso/ . Installation media are available for default installations and as network installations.
- non-oss: https://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.3/repo/non-oss/
- oss: https://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.3/repo/oss/
- iso: https://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.3/iso/
Automatic tests are performed by openQA and are publicly available: https://openqa.opensuse.org/group_overview/34
The more adventerous people might want to check out the untested images. The latest image is always found at:
- Find the current status of the project at the starting page at openSUSE:Factory:zSystems.
- Tutorial how get get involved can be found at openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial.
- To run manual builds, get yourself a community cloud access from IBM at LinuxONE Community Cloud. Find a short intro how to get into there at ZSystems/Community cloud access. Upgrade SLES to openSUSE.
- openSUSE:Factory:zSystems is based on openSUSE:Factory. All submissions should go to openSUSE:Factory or the respective development projects therefore.
Things to do edit
- Fix ZSystems/Failing_Packages
- Create Container Images for s390x
- Good First Issues
- Get awareness of openSUSE community
- Find partners that help with building openSUSE
We provide bi-weekly meetings with trainings for knowledge sharing in our team. That includes mainframe topics, packaging, OBS and containerization.
- bi-weekly Wednesday: 18:00 (German time)/ 9:00 (Pacific time)/ 17:00 (Nigeria) / 13:00 (Brazil)
- openSUSE Jitsi: https://meet.opensuse.org/s390x
- Calendar entry (ics file): calendar entry
Introduction to the Z Architecture edit
- IBM Documentation for SUSE
- How to use FC-attached SCSI devices with Linux on Z Systems
- Displaying Information about SCSI Devices
- Direct Access Storage Device Architecture
- Working with qeth (network) devices
- Redbook: IBM Z15 Technical Guide
In the news edit