The openSUSE community is guided by a common philosophy and organized into many teams that concentrate on different areas of interest within the project.
- The openSUSE Guiding principles describe the philosophy that guides openSUSE in all circumstances, irrespective of changes in goals, strategies or people.
- The openSUSE Board is the guardian of the Guiding Principles. They provide guidance, document decisions and act as a central point of contact within the community and between the Project's sponsors.
- openSUSE Members are acknowledged contributors who have brought a continued and substantial contribution to the project. They elect the openSUSE Board and can give their vote on other matters.
- There are numerous other Teams that lead different areas of the project. Each of the teams has their own way of working together. Check out their pages to understand how.
- Join the openSUSE community as a contributor! Find more about how to participate in openSUSE and make a difference in a Free Software project.
- The openSUSE community talks and communicates on openSUSE Connect, our own social media tool.