If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
- Act as a central point of contact
- Help resolve conflicts
- Communicate community interests to Novell
- Facilitate communication with all areas of the community
- Facilitate decision making processes where needed.
The board should provide guidance and support existing governance structures, but shouldn't direct or control development, since community mechanisms exist to accomplish the goals of the project. The board should document decisions and policies.
The board members are elected by the community and the chair person is appointed by Novell. The current chosen members are as follows:
| Pascal Bleser lives in Belgium and works as a software architect and developer at a large European ISV in Germany.|
He contributes most of his time building packages for openSUSE in his now defunct Guru as well as Packman and openSUSE Build Service repositories.
He wrote most of the current Packman website, contributes some bits to opensource projects here and there, and tries to support community interaction and communication.
He is also a member of the core team that organizes FOSDEM, one of the largest and most appreciated opensource developer conferences in Europe.
|Rupert Horstkötter lives in Darmstadt, Germany and is studying Business Administration and Electrical Engineering at Darmstadt University of Technology. He has been involved with the openSUSE Project for several years and was employed twice at Novell. In 2007/2008 as an Intern in Product Management and in 2008/2009 as a Workstudent for Community Architecture. He served as the Project Manager of the Forums Merge, contributed to the Weekly_news and was a moderator at the openSUSE Forums. He is currently employed by open-slx.com as openSUSE Community Assistant and works on improving openSUSE support and documentation resources in co-work with the Wiki, Booster and Forums Teams.|
|Michael Löffler (Chairman) is now more than 6 years with Novell/SUSE and is the Product Manager for openSUSE. In this role he is already kind of an interface between Novell Executives, the openSUSE community, engineering, marketing and other involved in the openSUSE Project. Michael was strongly involved with the creation of the openSUSE:Guiding_principles.|
|Pavol Rusnak started to work for Novell in 2006 as a package maintainer and at the same time he became a part of openSUSE project. In July 2009 he happily moved to the openSUSE Boosters Team, where he's hacking on various parts of infrastructure (including Build Service). He also helps the community to gather around particular projects (like Contrib, Games, Xfce or LXDE, for example) and boostrap their later independent activity.|
|Henne Vogelsang cares since a long time at Novell for the SUSE base system. Henne is one of the packman seniors, runs the #opensuse/#suse IRC channel and maintains all of the opensuse mailing lists and the corresponding server. Trough his work he is also involved in various free and open source projects.|
|Bryen Yunashko is a consultant based in the United States specializing in Novell products. Since joining the openSUSE Community, he has been an active contributor in the community by founding the openSUSE Helping Hands project and becoming co-editor of the openSUSE-Tutorials website. As the first known Deaf-Blind member of a Linux-based board, he is also a strong proponent of increasing accessibility through computing and is an active member of the GNOME A11y (Accessibility) Team and maintainer of the Planet A11y aggregator site.|
- You can reach the board privately via email email@example.com.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Everybody can discuss topics with the board on its mailinglist.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
- email@example.com - The board invites everybody to start general discussions on the project mailinglist.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
Past Board members
- Francis Giannaros (2007-2008)
- Andreas Jaeger (Chair) (2007-2008)
- Stephan Kulow (2007-2008)
- Federico Mena-Quintero (2007-2009)
- Stephan Shaw (2009)
- November 8th, 2007 : 1st openSUSE Board - Pascal Bleser, Francis Giannaros, Andreas Jaeger (chairman), Stephan Kulow, Federico Mena-Quintero.
- October 27th, 2008 : 2nd openSUSE Board - Pascal Bleser, Michael Loeffler (chairman), Federico Mena-Quintero*, Stephen Shaw, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko (*Stephen Shaw stepped in as interim Board Member for remainder of Federico Mena-Quintero's term May 2009).
- December 22th, 2009 : 3rd openSUSE Board - Pascal Bleser, Rupert Horstkötter, Michael Loeffler (chairman), Pavol Rusnak, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko.