If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
We would like to invite our openSUSE artists and enthusiasts to join us in creating beautiful wallpapers for the next release, 12.3. It truly is an amazing experience to contribute with artwork for this project. Please be sure that if you would like to contribute, follow the wallpaper guidelines found in our wiki. There are specific ideas about our wallpapers that are important for the distribution. As always we look for good design upon which the artwork team will vote later on. The submission deadline is December 10, 2012.
Please note that great computer artwork can be hard to achieve. One try might now be enough. We would like to offer suggestions on how to go about creating the next openSUSE 12.3 wallpaper.
Keep in mind our new theme guiding principles which include: 1. Simplicity 2. Clarity 3. Impact/Memorable 4. Unity
- Conceptualize an idea in your mind first.
- Look for inspiration. Gather photos, objects, even music that can help you visualize your concept.
- Choose colors and elements for your composition. Remember to follow the wallpaper guidelines for both of these items.
- Draw your concept on paper. Pen and paper are probably your best asset in constructing your design. It can help you "feel" your concept. It also traces the ideas that will help you when creating your wallpaper on a computer program such as GIMP or Inkscape.
- Be sure to be tidy with your artwork and also keep good source files organized. If your design is chosen, you will be asked to upload your finalized work and sources to our repository. Hence the organization warning.
- Please render your wallpaper with the standard size of 1920x1200 and submit it to this page.
The default font for openSUSE offciall artwork is FiftLeg. You can get in a few ways:
- It is in standard openSUSE repos, so: zypper in fifth-leg-font
- If you don't use openSUSE right now, you can find it in a git repo at Gitorius
Please notice the changes for this year's contest. Follow the guidelines posted in our Flickr page which you can find here
The contest will last for 3 weeks and will end on December 24th, 2012. Please locate people who you may know that would like to donate or participate with their images in our contest.