openSUSE:Testing meeting 20091022

Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  1. State of SaX2
  2. Structured Testing/Testopia
  3. Availability for next meeting

Transcript

[October 22, 2009] [14:00:14] <bmwiedemann> hmm... it appears the novell guys are missing. shall we wait some more? [October 22, 2009] [14:01:00] Join elm has joined this channel (n=elm@93-82-76-29.adsl.highway.telekom.at). [October 22, 2009] [14:01:08] <kayo> for me, no problem [October 22, 2009] [14:01:15] <elm> ? [October 22, 2009] [14:01:18] <badshah> ok with me too [October 22, 2009] [14:01:23] <MrKane> ok with me [October 22, 2009] [14:01:24] <ReferenceSeete> Sure, hopefully they'll be here in 5-10 minutes [October 22, 2009] [14:02:05] <LWFinger> Holgi was here earlier, then left as 17:49 UTC [October 22, 2009] [14:02:33] <bmwiedemann> or we talk amongst ourselves a little. I have been reading the Testopia manual and found mention of a "Testers" group defining test-cases and assigning testers. [October 22, 2009] [14:02:50] <bmwiedemann> that would probably the Testing Core Team (us) [October 22, 2009] [14:03:29] <MrKane> I have had little time this week due to work, but I have filed a couple og bugs. [October 22, 2009] [14:03:40] <MrKane> One on RAID1 and one on XEN [October 22, 2009] [14:04:08] <MrKane> Any happy bug crushibg for you guys? [October 22, 2009] [14:04:26] <bmwiedemann> I filed some keyboard-layout issues [October 22, 2009] [14:04:29] <elm> yes, an Xorg total blackout bug [October 22, 2009] [14:04:38] <elm> not yet filed; but nothing has worked [October 22, 2009] [14:04:49] <elm> neither radeonhd, nor radeon, nor framebuffer [October 22, 2009] [14:04:56] <elm> only vesa graphics mode [October 22, 2009] [14:04:58] <bmwiedemann> btw: my laptop with ATI graphics also often blacks out. must be a driver issue. [October 22, 2009] [14:05:04] <MrKane> Regarding xorg, how iss this functioning without an xorg.conf file? [October 22, 2009] [14:05:18] <bmwiedemann> it creates xorg.conf on-the-fly [October 22, 2009] [14:05:18] <MrKane> IMy XEN issue is realted to a ATI Xorg issue [October 22, 2009] [14:05:30] <bmwiedemann> see /var/log/Xorg.0.log for the contents [October 22, 2009] [14:05:40] <MrKane> Can I still use a manual xorg file? [October 22, 2009] [14:05:48] <bmwiedemann> I think so [October 22, 2009] [14:06:14] <elm> yes they have promised me to keep xorg.confs supported [October 22, 2009] [14:06:15] <bmwiedemann> there should even be a SaX2 to set it up. just some more hidden [October 22, 2009] [14:06:18] <LWFinger> MrKane: Yes. To get tapping disabled on my touchpad, I copied xorg.conf from 11.1 [October 22, 2009] [14:06:46] <bmwiedemann> gnome-control-center can disable tapping, too. [October 22, 2009] [14:06:58] <LWFinger> I use KDE. [October 22, 2009] [14:07:07] <bmwiedemann> many do :D [October 22, 2009] [14:07:24] <elm> ... but I am not quite sure whether everything in an xorg.conf is really used to configure the screen (or if auto-conf params are used) [October 22, 2009] [14:09:54] <badshah> Btw sax2 also had the tols to configure the mouse and keyboard system-wide, with sax2 hidden for now and to be demolished for 11.3 these tools will be gone too, right? [October 22, 2009] [14:10:41] <elm> sax2 will go for 11.3 not for 11.2, will it? [October 22, 2009] [14:10:41] Join svollath_home has joined this channel (n=sebi@p57AF70E2.dip.t-dialin.net). [October 22, 2009] [14:11:00] <badshah> just could not figure out a way to have left handed mouse in the gdm screen [October 22, 2009] [14:11:04] <elm> initially they wanted to drop it for 11.2 [October 22, 2009] [14:11:20] <badshah> elm: no no, it is still there for 11.2 [October 22, 2009] [14:11:46] <MrKane> SaX isn't hidden. It's just out of Yast. [October 22, 2009] [14:11:46] <svollath_home> hi, just wanted to tell you that holgi will join the channel in a few minutes ... [October 22, 2009] [14:11:50] <badshah> elm: and will be in the final version, but you have to run it from command line, instead of from yast control centre [October 22, 2009] [14:12:07] <elm> I know [October 22, 2009] [14:12:32] <MrKane> SaX can be stared from GUI, just write SaX in the Alt-F2 search in KDE [October 22, 2009] [14:12:32] <elm> basically it is all about driver support by radeon(hd) [October 22, 2009] [14:12:54] <elm> whether "old-style" xorg.confs are still supported by the driver [October 22, 2009] [14:13:08] <badshah> MrKane: funny, that does not work in GNOME, and the feature in openFATE says it shouldn't [October 22, 2009] [14:13:11] <elm> if they are then there is basically no reason to remove SaX [October 22, 2009] [14:13:50] <bmwiedemann> here is the agenda... only 2 points on it http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Testing_Core_Team/Meetings#Next_meeting:_2009-10-22_Time:_1800_UTC [October 22, 2009] [14:13:56] <badshah> just cant find the right feature [October 22, 2009] [14:14:14] <elm> and I would really like it to be kept [October 22, 2009] [14:14:36] <MrKane> badshah: you can also find it from the search in the start menu or go start->system->configuration [October 22, 2009] [14:14:39] <elm> the only thing that has helped at the X-blackout was the hw-probing at install time [October 22, 2009] [14:15:22] <elm> or: http://suse.elstel.com/qa (I always post it on my hp) [October 22, 2009] [14:15:22] <elm> qa.elstel.com [October 22, 2009] [14:16:01] <badshah> MrKane: https://features.opensuse.org/307250 states alt+f2 should not work [October 22, 2009] [14:16:05] Join Holgi has joined this channel (n=holgi@84.56.84.230). [October 22, 2009] [14:16:26] <Holgi> hi [October 22, 2009] [14:16:27] <bmwiedemann> good evening Holgi [October 22, 2009] [14:16:31] <Holgi> sorry I'm late [October 22, 2009] [14:16:35] <MrKane> badshah: well it does on my machine , just tested it. :-) [October 22, 2009] [14:16:57] <MrKane> badshah: On KDE ofcourse [October 22, 2009] [14:17:01] <badshah> MrKane: then you should open a bug ;) [October 22, 2009] [14:17:10] <MrKane> Oh... no :-d [October 22, 2009] [14:18:14] <bmwiedemann> so first topic on our Agenda for today is " Testing of openSUSE 11.2" [October 22, 2009] [14:18:16] Quit CzP has left this server (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)). [October 22, 2009] [14:18:53] <bmwiedemann> I'm sure we all did test the MS8 and RC1 a lot. [October 22, 2009] [14:19:45] <badshah> not sure what to discuss here [October 22, 2009] [14:19:46] <bmwiedemann> maybe some parts got no testing so far? can Testopia help us to find out? [October 22, 2009] [14:19:48] <Holgi> right: my question with this topic is: do we want/are we able to do some structured testing with 11.2 [October 22, 2009] [14:19:54] <LWFinger> I have been running RC1 for over a week. [October 22, 2009] [14:20:15] <MrKane> RC1 is mostly behaving well for me also. [October 22, 2009] [14:20:20] <LWFinger> My testing results for M8 and RC1 are summarized at http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Testing_Core_Team/Subteams/Wireless_Results [October 22, 2009] [14:21:14] <badshah> testing with gnome rc1 I found little bugs (like gnome-do crashing) which i reported on bugzilla [October 22, 2009] [14:21:21] <Holgi> again: my question was about _structued testing_ [October 22, 2009] [14:21:33] <LWFinger> My only problem is with NetworkManager and it is minor. I have started a discussion on their list. [October 22, 2009] [14:21:34] <MrKane> I have seen some wireless issues, but has not had time to investigate due to the XEN and RAID bug I'm working on. [October 22, 2009] [14:21:46] <bmwiedemann> Holgi: can you define the "structure" you have in mind some more? [October 22, 2009] [14:21:59] <MrKane> Structured: Trid to start XEN via Yast -> crashed. Bug reported. [October 22, 2009] [14:22:02] <badshah> i also tested out a few of the completed features involving zypper and yast, but without using testopia [October 22, 2009] [14:22:14] <LWFinger> MrKane: Please let me know about your problems. [October 22, 2009] [14:22:48] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: like having a testplan [October 22, 2009] [14:22:52] <badshah> bmwiedemann: I think the kind that testopia does helps set up 'structured' testing [October 22, 2009] [14:23:36] <badshah> but we have not really the time to do that for 11.2 do we [October 22, 2009] [14:23:51] <bmwiedemann> OK. I only got to reading the Testopia manual yesterday, so no progress there from me. But I see some others have been busy in that regard [October 22, 2009] [14:23:56] <Holgi> purpose of my question is: it's quite late to test 11.2 - so maybe it does not make sense [October 22, 2009] [14:23:57] <LWFinger> I have read the Testopia manual several times, and still have no idea what to do. That is why I added the 2nd agenda item. [October 22, 2009] [14:24:02] <MrKane> Holgi: Testopia has to be the goal there. But to get in to that takes some time. [October 22, 2009] [14:24:10] <Holgi> on the other hand: it's a product [October 22, 2009] [14:24:19] <Holgi> we are releasing [October 22, 2009] [14:24:30] <Holgi> so we can collect experience [October 22, 2009] [14:24:48] <elm> there should always be a way to resolve really annoying bugs [October 22, 2009] [14:24:58] <Holgi> MrKane: right - that's my point [October 22, 2009] [14:25:15] <Holgi> elm: no doubt [October 22, 2009] [14:25:17] <badshah> Holgi: we have subteams, so maybe if we can up with plans for each subteams we can rapidly test accordingly during the next few days before rc2 is out [October 22, 2009] [14:25:56] <badshah> most testing i have done is basically just trying to use the system as an end user would and see what doesn't work [October 22, 2009] [14:25:59] <Holgi> badshah: I would like to discuss that here [October 22, 2009] [14:26:11] <MrKane> Holgi: Is there a possibility for us to mess up badly if we experiment in Testopia? [October 22, 2009] [14:26:53] <badshah> MrKane: I tried using testopia, not too difficult actually, but takes a bit getting used to that's all [October 22, 2009] [14:26:55] <Holgi> MrKane: not really [October 22, 2009] [14:27:07] <badshah> certainly for 11.2 that wont help [October 22, 2009] [14:27:21] <MrKane> Ok, Then I'll give it a try and mess around a bit. [October 22, 2009] [14:27:36] <Holgi> MrKane: if you do not delete stuff [October 22, 2009] [14:27:43] <MrKane> ..... [October 22, 2009] [14:27:43] <elm> I don`t think we should stop testing 11.2 as long as we find important bugs. [October 22, 2009] [14:28:08] <ReferenceSeete> I agree with elm. [October 22, 2009] [14:28:17] <ReferenceSeete> We should test 11.2 through to GM [October 22, 2009] [14:28:23] <MrKane> elm: that dependt on how many are affected of the important bugs [October 22, 2009] [14:28:24] <bmwiedemann> but "missing features" not counting as bugs? [October 22, 2009] [14:28:29] Join jradzuweit has joined this channel (n=jradzuwe@92.72.150.70). [October 22, 2009] [14:28:30] <LWFinger> 11.2 is the priority. [October 22, 2009] [14:28:45] <MrKane> ReferenceSeete: I agree [October 22, 2009] [14:29:16] <badshah> let us take this subteam by subteam now then and set up some plans for testing, shall we? [October 22, 2009] [14:29:18] <bmwiedemann> should be roughly 3 weeks til GM [October 22, 2009] [14:29:45] <Holgi> for me the difference would be:guerrilla testing <-> structured testing [October 22, 2009] [14:29:49] <MrKane> From a user point of view(disregarding Testopia) , have anyone tested MP3 playback? Ripping CD's etc? [October 22, 2009] [14:30:02] <jradzuweit> hi all [October 22, 2009] [14:30:18] <Holgi> hi jürgen [October 22, 2009] [14:30:20] <MrKane> Holgi: happy testing is better :-) , and try to learn Testopia untill 11.3 [October 22, 2009] [14:30:23] <ReferenceSeete> MP3 playback is fine assuming one uses the normal routes (Packman or VLC repos) [October 22, 2009] [14:30:33] <kayo> MrKane, games, i have tested the gnome-games. [October 22, 2009] [14:30:39] <LWFinger> MrKane: I use Amarok for mp3 pplayback. Once I git the xinecodec installed, it works. [October 22, 2009] [14:30:40] <Holgi> MrKane: no problem - that's also a solution [October 22, 2009] [14:30:43] <MrKane> So Packman is available for 11.2? [October 22, 2009] [14:30:48] <ReferenceSeete> MrKane: Yes [October 22, 2009] [14:30:50] <badshah> MrKane: I tested mp3 with packman codecs, they work (gnome) [October 22, 2009] [14:31:12] <MrKane> Ok, that's an important user test. What about Video? [October 22, 2009] [14:31:17] <badshah> MrKane: yup, and mplayer in there too! [October 22, 2009] [14:31:31] <kayo> vlc-gnome (packman) is ok for me. [October 22, 2009] [14:31:38] <elm> perhaps someone should also test tv-cards [October 22, 2009] [14:31:40] <badshah> MrKane: I tested out the vlc, works for me [October 22, 2009] [14:31:41] <ReferenceSeete> Video is fine given what I have watched. (Xvid, Theora, WMV) [October 22, 2009] [14:32:04] <MrKane> I'm running 11.2 on two netbooks. They are certanly much better with 11.2 thatn any previous Linux I have tested on them! [October 22, 2009] [14:32:04] <badshah> but did not try out totem/banshee with the gstreamer video codecs yet [October 22, 2009] [14:32:23] <MrKane> ReferenceSeete: Good [October 22, 2009] [14:32:40] <Holgi> so conclusion: happy testing + have some experience with testopia?! [October 22, 2009] [14:32:45] <bmwiedemann> yep [October 22, 2009] [14:32:49] <MrKane> Anyone tested with proprietary GFX drivers? [October 22, 2009] [14:33:00] <elm> the fglrx does not work yet [October 22, 2009] [14:33:06] <Holgi> MrKane: me: nvidia [October 22, 2009] [14:33:11] <elm> some kernel symbol misses for fglrx [October 22, 2009] [14:33:31] <MrKane> Is that bug reported? [October 22, 2009] [14:34:17] <elm> ... have posted that but as it seems amd still won`t care about RCx & perhaps even not about kernel updates [October 22, 2009] [14:34:18] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: what's next? [October 22, 2009] [14:34:38] <bmwiedemann> the other topic is "Testopia" by LWFinger [October 22, 2009] [14:34:58] <MrKane> elm: then we need to get it in to the release notes. Many people need prop. drivers for games ++ [October 22, 2009] [14:35:05] <LWFinger> I still have questions about implementation. [October 22, 2009] [14:35:16] <Holgi> LWFinger: go ahead [October 22, 2009] [14:35:23] <elm> yes that would be a good idea [October 22, 2009] [14:35:24] <LWFinger> That is, implementation of Testopia. [October 22, 2009] [14:35:40] <elm> will post it on bugzilla again if that helps [October 22, 2009] [14:36:02] <Holgi> LWFinger: what is the question here? [October 22, 2009] [14:36:06] <MrKane> holgi: is it an idea that you get http://bugzilla.opensuse.org to redirect correctly? [October 22, 2009] [14:36:16] <LWFinger> When I look at their web site, I get confused about different versions for different Bugzilla - in general a mess [October 22, 2009] [14:36:39] <LWFinger> Is there a package for Testopia? If so, what repo? [October 22, 2009] [14:36:44] <bmwiedemann> http://bugs.opensuse.org/ works [October 22, 2009] [14:36:57] <Holgi> MrKane: looks to me like a bug report against opensuse.org [October 22, 2009] [14:37:27] <MrKane> Holgi: Ok [October 22, 2009] [14:37:39] <LWFinger> Holgi: The question is how to implement? [October 22, 2009] [14:38:16] <Holgi> LWFinger: how to deplay the testopia on a bugzilla system? [October 22, 2009] [14:38:20] <Holgi> deploy [October 22, 2009] [14:38:36] <LWFinger> Yes. [October 22, 2009] [14:39:08] <Holgi> LWFinger: I have never done this - but the link is http://www.mozilla.org/projects/testopia/ [October 22, 2009] [14:39:34] <Holgi> LWFinger: I'm just using Testopia of bugzilla.novell.com [October 22, 2009] [14:40:00] <MrKane> holgi: is the openSuse 11.2 Feature and openSUSE 11.2 Application Tests plans the only used for testing internally ? [October 22, 2009] [14:40:11] <LWFinger> OK. I guess I've been looking in the wrong place. [October 22, 2009] [14:40:16] <MrKane> If so , then there are very few test cases.... [October 22, 2009] [14:40:46] <Holgi> MrKane: within novell? [October 22, 2009] [14:41:13] <MrKane> yes, for opensuse [October 22, 2009] [14:41:22] <Holgi> MrKane: those testplans are an example and a starting point for the core testing team [October 22, 2009] [14:41:29] <MrKane> cool. [October 22, 2009] [14:41:36] <MrKane> both plans state outdated release MS7 and MS8, are we suppost to change on stuff like that? [October 22, 2009] [14:41:41] <badshah> MrKane: These two are test plans with test cases that the testing team can run and report bugs on [October 22, 2009] [14:42:04] <Holgi> MrKane: there is a feature test run for RC1 [October 22, 2009] [14:42:25] <Holgi> MrKane: you can ignore the product version within the plan [October 22, 2009] [14:42:42] <Holgi> MrKane: we have runs for every milestone/rc in case of the features [October 22, 2009] [14:43:25] Join CupRacer has joined this channel (n=thomas@static.17.115.40.188.clients.your-server.de). [October 22, 2009] [14:43:27] <MrKane> Holgi: when I see under Current Runs I see only one on build MS8? [October 22, 2009] [14:44:09] <Holgi> MrKane: https://bugzilla.novell.com/tr_show_plan.cgi?plan_id=2355 [October 22, 2009] [14:44:25] <Holgi> MrKane: select the tab "Test Runs" [October 22, 2009] [14:44:52] <Holgi> what is necessary to understand with testopia: [October 22, 2009] [14:45:05] <Holgi> a testplan does contain a number of testcases [October 22, 2009] [14:45:19] <Holgi> but results can just be entered within test runs [October 22, 2009] [14:45:28] <MrKane> holgi: Ah.... learned something [October 22, 2009] [14:45:44] <Holgi> such a testrun either contains all testcases or a subset of testcases from the test plan [October 22, 2009] [14:46:02] <Holgi> in case of the features we created testruns for every milestone/rc [October 22, 2009] [14:46:57] <badshah> Holgi: plan_id=2355 does not contain all done/candidate features for 11.2 however, isn't that so? [October 22, 2009] [14:47:07] <Holgi> but for other tests an other approach would also be possible [October 22, 2009] [14:47:09] <MrKane> holgi: can you also have the same run, but ion different "Environment" ? [October 22, 2009] [14:47:22] <Holgi> like one test run for the whole beta period [October 22, 2009] [14:47:29] <MrKane> ok [October 22, 2009] [14:47:41] <Holgi> badshah: this is an example plan [October 22, 2009] [14:48:00] <Holgi> MrKane: no, that's not possible [October 22, 2009] [14:48:08] <Holgi> MrKane: you would need another run for that [October 22, 2009] [14:48:34] <badshah> Holgi: but we are not able to create new plans right yet? [October 22, 2009] [14:48:39] <Holgi> MrKane: because every run does how just one result for every testcase [October 22, 2009] [14:48:50] <Holgi> badshah: but I can do [October 22, 2009] [14:48:52] <MrKane> Can I have: "Testing zypper features" on Environment=X and another "Testing zypper features" on Environment=Y or must the runs have separate naming? [October 22, 2009] [14:49:32] <MrKane> I'd like to test some yeat features on a number of different HW and beeing able to record that [October 22, 2009] [14:49:36] <Holgi> MrKane: they may have the same name, but a name mentioning the differences would be better [October 22, 2009] [14:49:51] <badshah> Holgi: ok, so we should just ask you for creating test plans for us, as soon as we have a plan right? [October 22, 2009] [14:50:19] <Holgi> badshah: if there is a need for - so far I consider all testcases as part of the application tests [October 22, 2009] [14:50:39] <Holgi> badshah: but for installation as an example, another plan would be good [October 22, 2009] [14:51:06] <Holgi> badshah: keep in mind - you can create testruns with just a subset of testcases from a testplan [October 22, 2009] [14:51:13] <badshah> Holgi: ok, thanks for the info [October 22, 2009] [14:51:14] <jradzuweit> we could use a plan for each team [October 22, 2009] [14:51:26] <badshah> Holgi: yes i saw that could be done [October 22, 2009] [14:51:30] <jradzuweit> subteam I mean [October 22, 2009] [14:51:44] <badshah> Holgi: just could not figure out a way to add test-plans, but now i know [October 22, 2009] [14:51:46] <MrKane> I think Insallation can be an area that is good to start on with Testopis. It's an important area for 11.3 early on and we all like our HW to work. [October 22, 2009] [14:52:24] <jradzuweit> MrKane: that would be a good starting point [October 22, 2009] [14:52:29] <Holgi> jradzuweit: I'm not sure if that is necessary, but yes I can create those [October 22, 2009] [14:53:12] <badshah> jradzuweit: for that subteams have to come up with plans first :) [October 22, 2009] [14:53:40] <jradzuweit> installation would be a good starting pont wouldn't it? [October 22, 2009] [14:54:26] <bmwiedemann> that would be my one-man-subteam (with me hardly having spare time) [October 22, 2009] [14:54:32] <badshah> jradzuweit: as you will see most of these plans might be already covered under application tests [October 22, 2009] [14:56:15] <Holgi> but if that would help someone I'm willing to create those plans [October 22, 2009] [14:56:57] <MrKane> Hmm.. I would like to create plans my self. Any reason we should not be allowed to do that? [October 22, 2009] [14:57:41] <bmwiedemann> MrKane: you can create new test-Cases which is what is really needed [October 22, 2009] [14:58:45] <MrKane> bmwiedemann: If holgi creates some plans then I agree, but it's cind of a principle in the free world :-) [October 22, 2009] [14:59:07] <jradzuweit> Why not use plan 2356 an everybody graps as much test as he can? [October 22, 2009] [14:59:59] <Holgi> MrKane: that's the problem with testopia setup [October 22, 2009] [15:00:17] <Holgi> MrKane: it's just not possible to grant you that right [October 22, 2009] [15:00:23] <Holgi> MrKane: otherwise I would do [October 22, 2009] [15:01:21] <MrKane> holgi: hmm.... :-( Then, Please make a "openSUSE Instalaltion test" plan. [October 22, 2009] [15:01:50] <badshah> Holgi: moving on from testopia, would you like us to have some quick planned testing for the next few days? [October 22, 2009] [15:01:59] <jradzuweit> MrKane: agreed, HW is not really covered so far [October 22, 2009] [15:02:15] <badshah> in that case we have to get down to planning now. [October 22, 2009] [15:02:17] <Holgi> MrKane: I will [October 22, 2009] [15:02:23] <MrKane> Thx. [October 22, 2009] [15:02:40] <jradzuweit> Holgi: can we add tests to a plan? [October 22, 2009] [15:02:40] <Holgi> badshah: I don't "like you" anything [October 22, 2009] [15:02:54] <Holgi> jradzuweit: you mean teastcases? yes [October 22, 2009] [15:03:02] <jradzuweit> ok [October 22, 2009] [15:03:20] <badshah> Holgi: I meant that it might be imp for 11.2, sorry for wording :) [October 22, 2009] [15:03:43] <MrKane> Can a crated test case be usedd in any plan or is it "hardlinked" to one plan? [October 22, 2009] [15:04:34] <Holgi> badshah: I just wanted to point out - this is not a team of people we put work on and expect them to do it [October 22, 2009] [15:04:38] <badshah> cos all we've done in this meeting is to talk about testopia, which is gr8 for the long run, but not really that relevant for 11.2 [October 22, 2009] [15:05:16] Quit kayo has left this server (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)). [October 22, 2009] [15:05:19] <badshah> Holgi: no, I get that, sorry again [October 22, 2009] [15:05:35] <MrKane> badshah: sorry that I'm pushing Testopia to much. I'll drop it for now. [October 22, 2009] [15:06:39] <badshah> MrKane: I am not against that at all, but just wanted to point out that we might discuss some quick systematic testing for 11.2 [October 22, 2009] [15:06:46] <Holgi> badshah: no problem [October 22, 2009] [15:07:00] <bmwiedemann> it has its uses... e.g. noone marked "RAID6 support" as tested [October 22, 2009] [15:07:04] <Holgi> badshah: no need to excuse [October 22, 2009] [15:07:38] <bmwiedemann> if I wanted to test that now... I would need to create a test-run, right? [October 22, 2009] [15:07:59] <jradzuweit> yes [October 22, 2009] [15:08:15] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: no, just create the test case and it it to an existing run [October 22, 2009] [15:08:27] <Holgi> ... and add it [October 22, 2009] [15:08:35] <bmwiedemann> the test case is already there https://bugzilla.novell.com/tr_show_case.cgi?case_id=886392 [October 22, 2009] [15:08:46] <badshah> bmwiedemann: you can add test-case to existing plans [October 22, 2009] [15:08:47] <bmwiedemann> even attached to test-runs [October 22, 2009] [15:09:04] <Holgi> badshah: and existing runs [October 22, 2009] [15:09:05] <bmwiedemann> and it is already part of the "feature" plan [October 22, 2009] [15:09:27] <MrKane> I have noticed in Yast- SW handling-add repository is defaulting to "network address" , would it not be more to the average user to pint to "Unofficial archives"? [October 22, 2009] [15:11:50] <bmwiedemann> might be worthwhile... I heard, even microsoft polished usability with its latest release [October 22, 2009] [15:13:07] <bmwiedemann> but the name is "Community Repositories" [October 22, 2009] [15:13:43] <MrKane> Sorry about that, my install is in Norwegian and that was my weak try of translation... [October 22, 2009] [15:14:13] <Holgi> ok, any more about teastio [October 22, 2009] [15:14:21] <Holgi> testopia that I can help with [October 22, 2009] [15:15:39] <MrKane> Can a created test case be used in any plan or is it "hardlinked" to one plan? [October 22, 2009] [15:16:40] <Holgi> MrKane: you can copy plans and also copy testcases to other plans [October 22, 2009] [15:16:53] <Holgi> MrKane: and you can link test cases to plan [October 22, 2009] [15:17:28] <Holgi> MrKane: difference between copy and link is [October 22, 2009] [15:18:03] <Holgi> MrKane: linked testcase in testcase 2 will also be changed if you change it in testplan 1 [October 22, 2009] [15:18:21] <Holgi> MrKane: copied will not not change in testplan 2 [October 22, 2009] [15:18:34] <MrKane> Holgi: Nice! Then I'm finished with my Testopia questions for the evening. [October 22, 2009] [15:19:07] <Holgi> MrKane: you don't have to [October 22, 2009] [15:20:03] <bmwiedemann> those were pretty much the only topics on our todays agenda [October 22, 2009] [15:20:37] <bmwiedemann> I was thinking, that there should possibly be a very different meeting date/time for those who never could attend thursday evening meetings [October 22, 2009] [15:20:50] <MrKane> Holgi: This is as much as my old brain can absorb without working with it :-) [October 22, 2009] [15:21:27] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: what would be an approach for that? another doodle? [October 22, 2009] [15:21:58] <badshah> bmwiedemann: meeting on weekends? [October 22, 2009] [15:22:18] <bmwiedemann> didnt the last doodle cover nearly a month? maybe that vote would be outdated by now.... [October 22, 2009] [15:22:24] <bmwiedemann> yes, weekend would be cool. [October 22, 2009] [15:22:34] <LWFinger> What schedule is appropriate? 2 weeks again? [October 22, 2009] [15:22:51] <MrKane> 1 week maybe? It's RC time [October 22, 2009] [15:22:59] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: just 2 weeks I guess [October 22, 2009] [15:23:02] <MrKane> And the release is comming up fast [October 22, 2009] [15:23:03] <badshah> bmwiedemann: most of the availibilities listed on the wiki are during the weekends, so i guess it would be gr8 [October 22, 2009] [15:23:21] <jradzuweit> 2 weeks is ok [October 22, 2009] [15:23:47] <elm> one week after RC2. [October 22, 2009] [15:23:48] <bmwiedemann> Saturday 2009-10-31 would be in 9 days. [October 22, 2009] [15:23:48] <ReferenceSeete> 1 week is fine with me. Weekends are spotty but I'll do my best to attend. [October 22, 2009] [15:23:49] <jradzuweit> we always can use the channel [October 22, 2009] [15:23:53] <badshah> RC2 is due next week, so we should probably meet somewhat earlier? [October 22, 2009] [15:24:20] <badshah> around the 31st or 1st? [October 22, 2009] [15:24:41] <MrKane> badshah: I agree. (Argh.. New bug. X fails on Hp 2133 after initial install.) [October 22, 2009] [15:24:47] <elm> RC2 is the last RC. [October 22, 2009] [15:25:07] <bmwiedemann> there is always the mailinglist and IRC for other communication that dont necessarily need big meetings [October 22, 2009] [15:25:07] <Holgi> badshah: what is your time now? [October 22, 2009] [15:25:37] <badshah> Holgi: 0055 hrs [October 22, 2009] [15:25:38] <Holgi> badshah: just to find a suitable time [October 22, 2009] [15:25:50] <Holgi> badshah: even last, isn't it? [October 22, 2009] [15:26:00] <Holgi> badshah: even late, isn't it? [October 22, 2009] [15:26:35] <badshah> Holgi: okay with me, i am awake till very late usually [October 22, 2009] [15:26:54] <elm> 12.Nov is the final release [October 22, 2009] [15:27:03] <jradzuweit> 31.10 or 01.11 would be fine with me I am on holiday from 3.-24.11. [October 22, 2009] [15:27:05] <Holgi> badshah: ok - is there anybody from the more eastern part of the world? [October 22, 2009] [15:27:11] <badshah> Holgi: and I guess i am the most eastward guy, so it might be okay to have 1800 UTC if thats convenient for the others [October 22, 2009] [15:27:25] <Holgi> badshah: ok [October 22, 2009] [15:27:50] <bmwiedemann> what about those that cant make 18:00 UTC and thus are not here today? [October 22, 2009] [15:27:54] <jradzuweit> what about 1600 UTC? [October 22, 2009] [15:27:54] <badshah> Holgi: just checked, nobody eastern :) [October 22, 2009] [15:28:09] <elm> so 18:00 UTC is good [October 22, 2009] [15:28:20] <elm> for america it will be afternoon [October 22, 2009] [15:28:33] <Holgi> badshah: ok [October 22, 2009] [15:28:46] <ReferenceSeete> 1600-1800 UTC works for me [October 22, 2009] [15:28:54] <ReferenceSeete> (either one) [October 22, 2009] [15:29:13] <LWFinger> 1600-1800 is OK here. 11 AM - 1 PM [October 22, 2009] [15:29:22] <CupRacer> 16/18 UTC works for me, too. [October 22, 2009] [15:29:30] <MrKane> 16/18 UTC works for me, too. [October 22, 2009] [15:29:36] <bmwiedemann> so 2009-10-31 (haloween?) or rather 2009-11-01 18:00 ? [October 22, 2009] [15:30:03] <jradzuweit> 01.11. [October 22, 2009] [15:30:07] <LWFinger> Either is OK. [October 22, 2009] [15:30:20] <badshah> bmwiedemann: 31st is better for me (saturday) [October 22, 2009] [15:30:28] <CupRacer> both dates are okay for me. [October 22, 2009] [15:30:47] <MrKane> both dates are okay for me. [October 22, 2009] [15:31:12] <ReferenceSeete> The 11-01 is preferable for me. [October 22, 2009] [15:31:31] <ReferenceSeete> But I'll try to make 10-31 [October 22, 2009] [15:31:45] <Holgi> let's do the 31 if it's better for badshah - he is the one with the latest tme [October 22, 2009] [15:31:59] Part svollath_home has left this channel ("Konversation terminated!"). [October 22, 2009] [15:32:00] <jradzuweit> ok, agreed [October 22, 2009] [15:32:06] <LWFinger> OK [October 22, 2009] [15:32:15] <badshah> thanks [October 22, 2009] [15:32:18] <CupRacer> ok [October 22, 2009] [15:32:20] <bmwiedemann> OK [October 22, 2009] [15:32:47] <jradzuweit> time 1600 or 1800 UTC? [October 22, 2009] [15:33:06] <jradzuweit> I would prefer 1600 [October 22, 2009] [15:33:17] <Holgi> fine for me [October 22, 2009] [15:33:30] <bmwiedemann> so 2009-10-31 1600 UTC [October 22, 2009] [15:33:40] <LWFinger> OK [October 22, 2009] [15:33:40] <MrKane> OK [October 22, 2009] [15:33:51] <badshah> ok [October 22, 2009] [15:33:53] <CupRacer> OK [October 22, 2009] [15:34:28] <MrKane> bibi [October 22, 2009] [15:34:43] <Holgi> bye MrKane [October 22, 2009] [15:34:47] <bmwiedemann> my kid will still probably be round at that time, but I probably can still join you :D [October 22, 2009] [15:35:08] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: can your kid test as well? [October 22, 2009] [15:35:11] <bmwiedemann> ah. timezone will change. [October 22, 2009] [15:35:23] <CupRacer> yep. [October 22, 2009] [15:35:28] <bmwiedemann> yes, my kid is 7 and has his own account on the openSUSE laptop :D [October 22, 2009] [15:35:36] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: perfect! [October 22, 2009] [15:35:38] <bmwiedemann> he tests gcompris and tuxpaint to the max [October 22, 2009] [15:35:46] Part MrKane has left this channel ("Konversation terminated!"). [October 22, 2009] [15:36:24] <bmwiedemann> so 2009-10-31 1600 UTC = 2009-10-31 1700 CET [October 22, 2009] [15:36:41] <LWFinger> A separate question - What is gnome-do and what does it do? [October 22, 2009] [15:37:35] <LWFinger> I have had it consume 100% of my cpu twice. [October 22, 2009] [15:37:40] <ReferenceSeete> LWFInger: gnome-do is essentially an application laucher [October 22, 2009] [15:37:40] <Holgi> bmwiedemann: thanks for the hint [October 22, 2009] [15:37:54] <ReferenceSeete> *launcher [October 22, 2009] [15:37:59] <elm> like kwin [October 22, 2009] [15:38:02] <elm> oops [October 22, 2009] [15:38:05] <ReferenceSeete> No, more like KRunner [October 22, 2009] [15:38:37] <ReferenceSeete> If you know what app you'd like to run you can just pull up Gnome-Do and start typing the app's name [October 22, 2009] [15:38:42] <LWFinger> Thanks. I need to file a bug, but I don't have much info. It was when running KDE. [October 22, 2009] [15:39:31] <ReferenceSeete> LWFinger: Really? Gnome-Do probably should not have been running then. It's redundant in KDE4 [October 22, 2009] [15:39:40] <badshah> LWFinger: you can also enable aditional plugins in do, and use it to browse, move, copy your files or take screenshots and lots of things. [October 22, 2009] [15:40:24] <badshah> ReferenceSeete: If you have both gnome and kde, and do is configured to autostart on gnome, it also autostarts on KDE [October 22, 2009] [15:40:37] <LWFinger> I have Gnome installed as well, but hardly use it except for NetworkManager applet testing. [October 22, 2009] [15:42:18] <bmwiedemann> https://launchpad.net/do [October 22, 2009] [15:42:30] <ReferenceSeete> badshah: That's odd. I thought GNOME & KDE had their own autostart mechanisms. [October 22, 2009] [15:43:17] <badshah> ReferenceSeete: but apparently its this special problem with where do stores its autostart.desktop, it starts up on kde as well. [October 22, 2009] [15:43:37] <badshah> s/with/'with do' [October 22, 2009] [15:44:37] <LWFinger> bmwiedemann: Thanks for the link. It looks as if I have bug 450852 from that page. [October 22, 2009] [15:44:57] <bmwiedemann> hah. great to see that others suffer with you [October 22, 2009] [15:45:20] <LWFinger> When I'm not alone, they get fixed quicker! [October 22, 2009] [15:45:47] <ReferenceSeete> badshah: Ah, thanks for the heads up. [October 22, 2009] [15:49:10] <Holgi> Unfortunately I will not be available on 31st - I will look for a backup [October 22, 2009] [15:50:42] <badshah> LWFinger: the bug you encountered in bnc 540518, looks like there might be a fix soon :) [October 22, 2009] [15:51:26] <badshah> bug 540518 [October 22, 2009] [15:51:29] <bugbot> openSUSE bug 540518 in openSUSE 11.2 (GNOME) "gnome-do uses all cpu time on my system" [Normal,Reopened] https://bugzilla.novell.com/540518 [October 22, 2009] [15:55:27] <LWFinger> badshah: Thanks - you saved me a Bugzilla search - they usually fail for me anyway. [October 22, 2009] [15:56:52] <badshah> LWFinger: you're welcome. bugzilla search with the advanced searching works for me mostly, but the simple one usually does not [October 22, 2009] [15:59:42] <Holgi> ok, gotta go [October 22, 2009] [15:59:47] <Holgi> bye all [October 22, 2009] [16:00:21] <LWFinger> See everyone on Halloween. Are costumes required? [October 22, 2009] [16:01:18] <jradzuweit> bye, bye [October 22, 2009] [16:02:37] <bmwiedemann> gonna be Bernhard "the cold hand" Wiedemann then :P [October 22, 2009] [16:02:48] <bmwiedemann> have a lot of phun [October 22, 2009] [16:05:00] <bmwiedemann> btw: added something on what I tested/found on http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Testing_Core_Team/Subteams#Installation_testing_team [October 22, 2009] [16:12:11] <LWFinger> I added thew NET Install for RC1 [October 22, 2009] [16:14:10] Quit LWFinger has left this server (Remote closed the connection). [October 22, 2009] [16:18:48] Quit Holgi has left this server ("Bye all"). [October 22, 2009] [16:27:53] Quit ced117 has left this server ("Quitte").