Want to help spread the word about the openSUSE Project and encourage more people to become part of the openSUSE Community? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and spread the word about the openSUSE Project? Do you want to teach new users about Linux, speak about openSUSE at local events, help distribute openSUSE media, and mentor new contributors to the openSUSE Project? Then you're ready to become an openSUSE Advocate!
Goals of the Advocate program
- Act as an evangelist for openSUSE to the public
- Support openSUSE at local events
- Promote use of openSUSE and contributions to the openSUSE Project
- Have a lot of fun!
How do I join?
It's easy. You will need the following:
- Set up an account if you don't have one already.
- Complete your User Profile on users.opensuse.org and your user page on the english openSUSE Wiki. Please make sure to include your IRC nick and a way to get in touch via email and/or IM.
- Sign the Guiding principles in the User Directory.
- Subscribe to the openSUSE-ambassadors mailing list, if you're not already.
- Add yourself to the list of Advocates.
Have questions? Ask on the openSUSE-ambassadors mailing list, or in #opensuse-marketing on Freenode.