If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
- Act as a central point of contact
- Help resolve conflicts
- Communicate community interests to SUSE
- Facilitate communication with all areas of the community
- Facilitate decision making processes where needed.
The board should provide guidance and support existing governance structures, but shouldn't direct or control development, since community mechanisms exist to accomplish the goals of the project. The board should document decisions and policies.
The board members are elected by the community and the chair person is appointed by SUSE. The current chosen members are as follows:
Current an past activities that the board is pursuing are tracked on the Board Activities page.
|Richard Brown (Chair) / ilmehtar is from England but currently lives in Nuremberg in Germany, and is employed as a QA Engineer by SUSE. Involved in openSUSE/SUSE since 2003, Richard has contributed to various aspects of the project, including supporting users on IRC, testing/bug reporting, packaging, marketing, ambassadors and artwork. Richard is currently most involved as a maintainer of GNOME and the openSUSE branding packages, and working on packaging Spacewalk for openSUSE.|
|Bruno Friedmann / tigerfoot is from France, have been lived in Switzerland for 16 years now. Live with wife. Beside my consultancy job around open-source, I enjoy traveling to tell people about our openSUSE project, the distribution, Open Build Service, and the fantastic people around. I'm firmly convince about if we have a future it has to be free.|
|Peter Linnell / mrdocs Born in the US and now living in Silicon Valley, Peter has previously lived in France and before that London. Peter has been a long time open source participant in a number of areas: Core Team Member and Founder of Scribus , founding organizer of LGM and most recently PMC of Apache Bigtop. He thinks OBS simply rocks. As a part of openSUSE he is one of the Factory review team. During the daytime, he works for SUSE as pre-sales engineer. When he is not in front of a computer, he likes to be in a boat or in the air in an airplane. Oh and he has the most adorable daughter Stella. :)|
| Andrew Wafaa / FunkyPenguin Lives in a small town in the East of England originally come from Aberdeen. Employed as a Senior Solutions Architect at Fujitsu Services in the UK, supposedly dealing with Linux based solutions. Involved in Open Source in one form or another for over 10 years, and have been using openSUSE and its predecessors since 6.2. Contributed to numerous aspects of openSUSE from advocacy to code to packages to crazy ideas (I get lots of these). Now heavily involved in the porting effort over to the ARM Architecture.
|Robert Schweikert / robjo lives in Hopkinton, Massachusetts, USA the starting place of the Boston Marathon. As member of the ISV Engineering team he is the Tech Lead for the SUSE-IBM Software Integration Center. In addition to working with the IBM software group Robert assists other ISVs with respect to appliances and technical questions related to SUSE Linux. Within the openSUSE project he contributes by maintaining some packages in factory and others in the openSUSE Build Service. In addition to the packaging contributions Robert is also actively involved in project governance discussions and helps out with event organization whenever possible. Robert also contributes to KIWI and is an active member of the LSB working group.|
| Kosta Koudaras / warlordfff was born, raised, and lives in Thessaloniki, Greece. He has worked as a firefighter for the past 12 years. He loves his fiance, nature, music, motorcycles, his dog, his aquarium, and FOSS. A community guy, trying to motivate people to act more and talk less although he talks a lot in the process. Part of the Marketing Team, heavily involved in the ambassador and the TSP program until recently and co-kickstarter of the Greek community.
- You can reach the board privately via email email@example.com.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - The board invites everybody to start general discussions on the project mailinglist.
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Help - Archives
Past Board members
- Pascal Bleser (2007-2010) (2012-2013)
- Francis Giannaros (2007-2008)
- Andreas Jaeger (Chair) (2007-2008)
- Stephan Kulow (2007-2008)
- Federico Mena-Quintero (2007-2009)
- Stephan Shaw (2009)
- Michael Loeffler (Chair) (2008-2010)
- Bryen Yunashko (2008-2011)
- Pavol Rusnak (2009-2011)
- Rupert Horstkötter (2009-2011)
- Peter Linnell (2011-2012)
- Alan Clark (Chair) (2011-2012)
- Henne Vogelsang (2008-2012)
- Manu Gupta (2012)
- Will Stephenson (2012-2013)
- Raymond Wooninck (2013)
- Vincent Untz (Chair) (2012-2014)
- November 8th, 2007 : 1st openSUSE Board Appointed Board - Pascal Bleser, Francis Giannaros, Andreas Jaeger (chairman), Stephan Kulow, Federico Mena-Quintero.
- October 27th, 2008 : 2nd openSUSE Board 1st Elected Board- Pascal Bleser, Michael Loeffler (chairman), Federico Mena-Quintero*, Stephen Shaw, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko (*Stephen Shaw stepped in as interim Board Member for remainder of Federico Mena-Quintero's term May 2009).
- December 22th, 2009 : 3rd openSUSE Board - Pascal Bleser, Rupert Horstkötter, Michael Loeffler (chairman), Pavol Rusnak, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko.
- January 26th, 2011 : 4th openSUSE Board - Alan Clark (chairman), Rupert Horstkötter, Peter Linnell, Pavol Rusnak, Henne Vogelsang, Bryen Yunashko.
- January 26th, 2012 : 5th openSUSE Board - Pascal Bleser, Manu Gupta, Will Stephenson, Vincent Untz (chairman), Henne Vogelsang, Andrew Wafaa.
- January 9, 2013 : 6th openSUSE Board - Richard Brown, Robert Schweikert, Will Stephenson, Vincent Untz (chairman), Andrew Wafaa, Raymond Wooninck
- Pascal Bleser stepped down in March 2013, and Richard Brown was appointed to replace him.
- December 14th, 2013 : 7th openSUSE Board - Richard Brown, Bruno Friedmann, Kostas Koudaras, Robert Schweikert, Vincent Untz (chairman), Andrew Wafaa
- August 11, 2014 : Vincent Untz resigns, Richard Brown appointed Chair to replace Vincent and Peter Linnell appointed http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2014-08/msg00030.html by the Board to replace Richard as a Board Member.