If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
AMDGPU-PRO is the closed source graphics component that operates on top of the open source AMDGPU drivers for the Radeon graphics cards.
This guide is to help you install the AMDGPU-PRO proprietary AMD drivers for video cards from Radeon GPU HD 7000 to most recent series only.
AMDGPU-PRO cannot be included and integrated into the openSUSE distribution because it is not licensed as Free and Open Source Software.
Creating local repository
- Search for the current AMDGPU Pro driver page. In order to do this, go to AMD Support, select your graphics processor and click submit.
- Find the appropriate link for SLED/SLES, e.g. for Leap 15.2 select SLED/SLES 15.
- Download the tar.xz archive (this is a compressed RPM repository).
- Extract the tar.xz archive anywhere in your computer (e.g. in /tmp directory).
Additional information about the chosen driver can be found by reading through the release notes, under the driver details section at AMD Support.
Adding the repository
- Start YaST2.
- Click Software Repositories in the YaST Control Center
- Click Add, select "Local directory" and click Next.
- Enter the path to directory (e.g. /tmp/amdgpu-pro-19.10-785424-sle-15) and choose a name (AMDGPU_Pro for example) for the repository.
- Click OK.
- Accept the repository GPG key.
- Ensure its status is "enabled" and "refresh automatically" is also on.
Alternatively, add the repository via zypper:
zypper ar -fep93 -n "AMDGPU Pro" /tmp/amdgpu-pro-19.10-785424-sle-15 Hdw_AMDGPU_Pro
The given parameters are: -f to refresh, -e to enable, -p93 to set the priority to 93 and -n to give the repo a name.
Installing the "amdgpu-pro package
- In the YaST Control Center, click Software Management.
- Search for "amdgpu-pro".
- Click Accept to confirm your changes.
The simplest way to apply these changes is to reboot.
- SDB:ATI_troubleshooting See what to do in case of problems.
- SDB:Configuring graphics cards
- Example of supported hardware by AMDGPU-PRO driver (version 18.40)