openSUSE Kubic is a project maintaining multiple container-related technologies as part of the openSUSE Project.
This primarily centers around Tumbleweed-Kubic, an openSUSE Tumbleweed variant focused on hosting container services. Tumbleweed-Kubic currently consists of two major components:
- openSUSE MicroOS - an openSUSE Tumbleweed based OS providing Transactional (Atomic) Updates upon a read-only btrfs root filesystem, designed to host container workloads with automated administration & patching.
- kubeadm - a Kubernetes cluster bootstrapping tool integrated as part of Tumbleweed-Kubic to run atop openSUSE MicroOS.
MicroOS will also soon be offered as Virtual Machine Images.
Tumbleweed-Kubic currently offers the following supported System Roles which can be selected during installation:
Articles, Videos, etc.
- Your first steps with openSUSE Kubic (YouTube)
- openSUSE Kubic & SUSE CaaSP (YouTube)
- Transactional Updates - deep dive (YouTube)
- openSUSE Kubic - What is this? (YouTube)
- Introducing Kubic Project: a new open-source project
- GitHub Project Page
- Kubic Bugzilla Page