OpenRA is an Open Source port of Westwood’s Red Alert game engine, updated to use the hardware acceleration of modern video cards, high screen resolution and a modernized GUI. The result is a highly moddable RTS game engine which comes with support for Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert and Dune 2000.
OpenRA is not an exact clone. It reinvents the game adding features found in modern RTS titles.
- Modular MiniYAML game logic parser instead of simple INI rules
- Right-click orders to avoid miss-clicks
- Fog of War hides enemy units
- Spectator mode and replays for e-Sport events
- Support for mods and mini-games
- Tabbed build palette which allows queuing
- Lua scripting instead of hard-coded mission triggers
- Integration of a content delivery platform for custom maps.
Open Build Service
Download and install Flatpak:
sudo zypper install flatpak
Install from the Flathub repository:
flatpak install --from https://flathub.org/repo/appstream/net.openra.OpenRA.flatpakref
Run as a containerized application:
flatpak run net.openra.OpenRA
- Spring - project to recreate games similar to Total Annihilation
- Stargus - game engine recreation for Starcraft