If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Additional package repositories
- For official repositories (OSS, non-OSS, Update, Update-Non-OSS) and semiofficial repositories (including KDE, GNOME and Java repositories), see Package repositories.
- For information on how to add package repositories see Add package repositories.
- For new Linux and openSUSE users, it is recommended to use the four default repositories: OSS, Non-OSS, Update and Update-Non-OSS. Later on when you familiarize yourself with package management you can add more repositories, such as Packman.
- Please make sure that you actually need a specific repository instead of blindly adding it. More repositories equates to more complexity in terms of software management, which means you will need some experience to avoid problems with your openSUSE operating system. In extreme cases system failure can occur. Please ask for help in #suse on Freenode or any of the available communication channels if you are unsure about how to add a repo or are unsure about how to install software from a repo.
- 1 Popular external repositories
- 2 Popular Build Service repositories
- 3 See also
- 4 External links
Popular external repositories
Packman offers various additional packages for openSUSE, especially but not limited to multimedia related applications and libraries that are on the openSUSE Build Service application blacklist. It's the largest external repository of openSUSE packages. Packman is comprised of the following four repositories:
- Essentials: provides codecs and audio and video player applications, to fulfill the most essential needs
- Multimedia: contains many more multimedia related applications
- Extra: additional non multimedia related applications, mostly network related
- Games: obviously, games
The repositories above may be added individually be appending their name to the end of the URLs below. The latter three repositories are built upon Essentials and as such it must be added to utilize them.
All of Packman:
After adding packman repository be sure to switch system package to those in packman as a mix of both can cause a variety of issues.
To pick a mirror near you, please consult the mirror list on the Packman site.
VLC VideoLan client
VLC Repositories for openSUSE contains all the required libraries that are not shipped with original openSUSE. (VLC is also provided by Packman, do not add both repositories.)
AMD fglrx Catalyst video drivers
Proprietary drivers for AMD FGLRX video cards. See the AMD install HOWTO.
Proprietary drivers for NVIDIA video cards. See the NVIDIA install HOWTO.
Google Software Repositories for Linux
Google's repo Site for: Google Chrome, Google Earth, Google Music Manager, Google Voice and Video Chat, Google Web Designer, etc.
Popular Build Service repositories
openSUSE Build Service Repository for the Apache HTTP server. See the guides at Apache.
Third-party Apache modules built for the Build Service Apache.
Third-party Apache modules built for the standard distro Apache.
Apache PHP modules
There are variants. See the LAMP guide, for a separate page which will guide you to the correct PHP repository.
If you use the Build Service Apache from above, you'll find the right mod_php for your system here.
Other HTTP Servers
openSUSE Build Service Repository for other HTTP servers (Nginx, Lighttpd, ...).
openSUSE Build Service Repository for other Database servers (SQL and NoSQL: MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
openSUSE:Games is a very active packaging project
Most recent versions of Firefox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, etc.
Software for engineering and natural science. See Portal:Science.
Most recent versions of Wine.