openSUSE:SUSE Studio Live CD-DVD and ISO Howtos
Notes to LiveCD/DVD
- SUSE Studio supports the creation of custom bootable CDs and DVDs.
- Optionally, these discs can support installation from the live media to the hard drive as well.
- Most operating systems make disc burning easy. Once you have downloaded the file completely, simply right-click on the file and select something like "burn ISO file to disc".
How to customize the yast2-live-installer workflow
- The yast2-live-installer reads its workflow configuration from /etc/YaST2/control.xml .
- Overlay this file with your own and you'll get a new workflow .
How to apply the customizations on the default user to the new created ones
- The modified files added to the appliance that are stored in /home/tux/* should be copied to the /etc/skel directory so the new users created at the instalation time (or later) had the same behaviour and appearence as the liveCD default one.