How to make Quarterly Updates for Leap
This is the highlevel description of the process to make a Quarterly Update Install media respin.
If you're interested in schedule then read openSUSE:Roadmap instead.
- Unlock https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Leap:15.3:Update:Respin
- Ensure that standard is not disabled for building (common practice to avoid re-writing good candidate)
- Ensure that build is imported to openQA, should be visible in https://openqa.opensuse.org/group_overview/88
- Contact autobuild regarding bump of respin number (release) in obs publisher script for Update:Respin
- Go through failed tests results and process them (link bugs, poo issues, update needles etc)
- Reference "@ttm ignore" in comment section of test runs to waive a failed tests
- Trigger https://botmaster.suse.de/go/pipeline/activity/TTM.Leap_15.3_Update_Respin and process any remaining outstanding issues referenced at the console (this is also triggered automatically, unless disabled, please validate ahead)
- Once the pipeline finishes the content should be visible in /srv/ftp-stage/pub/opensuse/distribution/openSUSE-current/iso/
- As agreed in https://github.com/openSUSE/get-o-o/issues/71 You will need to manually update -Current symlinks to point to the latest -Media symlinks for the updated media. This can be done by triggering /home/mirror/bin/update_leap_current_symlink under mirror user at the pontifex host (requires Heroes VPN access)
- At this point get-o-o does not require any update, as we use version less -Current symlink for both DVD and NET images (appliances and live are separate topic).
- Once reviewing symlinks please rsync changes from ftp-stage to ftp-prod by running manually publish_distro publish_leap153.config as mirror user at pontifex. Otherwise changes will not be visible at download.o.o. You will have to bump the respin number in the leap153.config publish_distro first!
- Last step would be osc lock openSUSE:Leap:15.3:Update:Respin
Symlinks are expected to be pointing at -Media symlinks that contain the respin version (release)
mirror@pontifex2:~> ls -la /srv/ftp-stage/pub/opensuse/distribution/leap/15.3/iso | grep Current lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 42 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-DVD-aarch64-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap- 15.3-3-DVD-aarch64-Media.iso lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 42 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-DVD-ppc64le-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap- 15.3-3-DVD-ppc64le-Media.iso lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 40 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-DVD-s390x-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap-15.3-3-DVD-s390x-Media.iso lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 41 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-DVD-x86_64-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap-15.3-3-DVD-x86_64-Media.iso lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 42 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-NET-aarch64-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap-15.3-3-NET-aarch64-Media.iso lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 42 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-NET-ppc64le-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap-15.3-3-NET-ppc64le-Media.iso lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 40 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-NET-s390x-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap-15.3-3-NET-s390x-Media.iso lrwxrwxrwx 1 mirror stage 41 Mar 7 13:19 openSUSE-Leap-15.3-NET-x86_64-Current.iso -> openSUSE-Leap-15.3-3-NET-x86_64-Media.iso