User talk:Jnweiger/Wiki search
Note about structure
I am not sure, if this is the page Wiki_search in the namespace User:Jnweiger, (which is what I intend) or the page 'Jnweiger:Wiki_search' in Namespace User, (which to my dismay would look like someone's homepage)
Maybe I should just use 'User:jnweiger/Wiki_search' and wait until someone slaps me for using a '/'.
- Hello Jnwigner,
- I have used a "/" like I used to do it (and was told to do) in the de:wikipedia:
- I think the user namespace/user page is a bit structured like the Portal namespace (with possible subpages) - look at the link to the main user-page (the wiki software made that).
- --Pistazienfresser 18:55, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe this old name/URL and the remark was meant to be a satiric replay to Help:Examples of bad article title. But I doubt that many had understood that possible purpose. I presume that in the former wiki there was just no/not much difference between portals and normal articles
- but in the new wiki only portals could have sub-pages and so pages under the old URLs just became independent in the new wiki without any intention of the importer/copier-and-paster of the old sub-pages.--Pistazienfresser 12:22, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
to: Why the default wiki search sucks
You might also take a look at http://forums.opensuse.org/english/community/opensuse-wiki-discussions/ Greetings --Pistazienfresser 19:19, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:53:28 +0200
From: DenverD <DenverD@texan.dk>
potential solution: i go to sites all over the web with a search blank which hooks directly to Google and automatically searches THAT site...seems pretty simple to me..
i've now recommended that potential solution several times without hearing why it was rejected (or even considered)..