Talk:OpenSUSE Firefox extension
Clicking on right button on "Visit Homepage" in Extensions on firefox redirects to this page. It was empty and i ported the correct page from the old wiki. --Jazzmelody 10:03, 30 September 2010 (MDT)
- Compare: Help:Examples of bad article title
- I would suggest:
- to move the article Mozilla/susefox to Susefox
- NOT to delete the automatic made redirect-page
- to protect this Redirect with
- But as I am not really understanding all the behavior in this new wiki: that is just a suggestion...--Pistazienfresser 06:33, 1 October 2010 (MDT)
The right way
The right way to do this is to contact the developer and to fix the link upstream. What could be a good page name? "Firefox susefox" ? --Spyhawk 15:08, 1 October 2010 (MDT)
Well.. the name of the add-on is openSUSE firefox extensions which would be a more familiar name known to the public. This would be the most appropriate name for the article. We can refer to the susefox gitorous project name inside the article itself.
The article seems terrible outdated as well. It is mentioning the the project is still in development phase (as of OS 11.1). By now it is a single add-on under the above mentioned name. I see the page is "Ported in" 30 september. However, the history was not imported: http://old-en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Mozilla/susefox&action=history. As we can see there, the latest modified date was 9 july 2009.
If there are no objections I will re-import the page to restore history, move it to above mentioned name and than update the article to the current release.
--Muhlemmer 14:36, 4 October 2010 (MDT)
- Moved the article to this new location
- Imported history from old wiki
- I have send a message to the developer on gitorious about the new location
- I left the redirect intact.
--Muhlemmer 03:50, 6 October 2010 (MDT)
- This title reveal that this is a openSUSE program not a Mozilla inc. program. Thanks --Pistazienfresser 04:04, 6 October 2010 (MDT)
I changed the title to "openSUSE Firefox extension", as Firefox is a brand it should be spelle with an uppercase letter (I also removed the ending "s"). I corrected the redirect, so it is still working. Also, the link has been updated in the extension upstream. Thanks to all for your involvement! :] --Spyhawk 11:16, 6 October 2010 (MDT)
- 9 hours ago the developer has changed the URL in the program to http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_firefox_extensions . So I will make there a redirect. Regards --Pistazienfresser 13:30, 6 October 2010 (MDT)
- Sorry for that guys! I just send another message to the developer about the new title. --Muhlemmer 15:10, 6 October 2010 (MDT)
- Oh God, that's my fault. I didn't think about the updated link when moving to new title... Sorry, should have been very tired (or stupid :) ) :/ --Spyhawk 03:42, 7 October 2010 (MDT)
- Oh well, I was also to blame for that. Anyway, it's fixed now the developer changed the URL to this one. (All those capitol rules make me confused sometimes :p. --Muhlemmer 11:29, 7 October 2010 (MDT)
Referring to: Help:Examples of bad article title: "In the worst position are the wiki authors and editors that want to point user to YOU. Instead to write simple [[YaST online update]], or [[YOU]] and have link to the article, they have to browse, or search the wiki, to find out what is correct name, and then use long link form [[YaST/Modules/Online_Update|YaST online update]] to have what they would have instantly if the article title wasn't in a quite unusual form."
In the current version (11.3)?
http://gitorious.org/opensuse/susefox : "Created: 24 Jul 11:32" Is there already a package for the current version of the distribution (openSUSE 11.3)? If so - what is the name of the package and from which repository is it available?--Pistazienfresser 04:24, 6 October 2010 (MDT)
- It is part of the branding package MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE from the OSS repository, --Muhlemmer 15:10, 6 October 2010 (MDT)
- Should that information not be mentioned in the article (together with the first version of the branding package that included the SUSEfox)?
- Shall be there a search box for MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE in this article? (I am not so happy with promoting the 1-Click installation but that is more a general problem of the use of this search boxes without telling the people that they should just use yast or zypper if they do not know how to handle many repositories...)
- --Pistazienfresser 01:07, 7 October 2010 (MDT)
Following the call for suggestions in this article, I'd like to support native KDE printer integration for Firefox. --Alvanx 10:36, 7 June 2011 (MDT)