Installing avast! anti virus
- Download Avast Anti Virus (32-bit)
- Click on the RPM link and then select Open with Install Software on the pop up menu
- Provide root password as requested
- Proceed with the installation
- Optionaly register to get license key so it will not stop working after 60 days
Using avast! anti virus
Scan the file or all files in a directory as specified by <path> for viruses with no automatic action upon finding any infections.
Scan the file or all files in a directory as specified by <path> and if an infection or infections are found, avast! will automatically delete the infected files.
To scans only the a directory's content and not any sub-directories inside of it, use
Updating avast!'s virus database
The following command updates avast's virus database (internet connection is required) so that it can detect newly discovered virus. You should run this at regular basis.