KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Plasma, made by KDE is the default graphical desktop environment of openSUSE. The latest version, Plasma 5, is a fresh, elegant and powerful desktop for both beginner and advanced users.
KDE software is not limited to a desktop environment. The software made by the community includes:
- Plasma, the graphical desktop;
- KDE Applications, a collection of a wide variety of applications for communication, work, education and entertainment, including famous programs like Kate;
- Additional high-quality applications, such as DigiKam and Krita;
- KDE Frameworks, a series of modules to easily build new applications upon.
What makes KDE software on openSUSE special:
- It has a team of dedicated engineers who spend much of their time fixing bugs so you can rely on KDE.
- It has a large, active and highly experienced community team around it who bring multiple points of view and different interests to the project so that KDE software on openSUSE meets many users' needs
- Through its innovation it stimulates the openSUSE distribution to develop, evolve and progress