Okular is based on KPDF and displaces KPDF, KGhostView, KFax, Kfaxview, Kview and KDVI. Against KPDF, Okular supports a system for bookmarks, comments, for forms and multimedia contents and a multicolumn view.
The core of the program consists of a library, which abstract modules for every single format. The functionality and the appropriate graphical user interface can be integrated in other programs.
As with all PDF readers it can have difficulty rendering or printing documents that other PDF readers may cope with. Now that both Adobe Reader and KPDF are depreciated for good reason in OpenSuse Evince may help solve an issue.
- CHM_(file format) Microsofts Compiled HTML Help (CHM)
- more various picture formats
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
...and many more. For more information look at the project page.
Okular is packaged in a modular way. Install the packages you need:
- okular - Main application
- okular-lang - Translations of user interface
- okular-spectre - PostScript support