KDE Kontact is a complete Personal Information Management suite and includes the following components:
Installed by openSUSE as default
- Summary A specially designed component for Kontact, the Summary Component gives various quick notes about other components on a single summary page, as well as getting information from various sources on the internet, such as weather and news. Any RDF feed can be added to this component.
- Mail KMail, a full-featured mail client.
- Calendar KOrganizer, a mature personal calendaring application with integrated groupware capabilities.
- Contacts KAddressbook, manages all of your contacts. Integrated with KMail and KOrganizer.
- Notes KNotes, an infinite block of digital sticky notes.
Available to download from openeSUSE repositories
- News Reader KNode, KDE's news reader.
- Sync KitchenSync, KDE's universal syncing application. With KitchenSync you are able to synchronize cell phones, organizer, palms and other with Kontact.
- Notes Kjots is a structured note taking application.
Supported Groupware servers:
- The Kolab Project
- SUSE Linux Openexchange Server (SLOX) 4.1
- eGroupWare 1.0
- Microsoft® Exchange Server™ 2000
- Novell® GroupWise™ 6.5
For more detailed support status information, please see the Kontact web site.