If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
- Allwinner A64 SoC
- 4x ARM Cortex-A53 CPU @ 1.2 GHz
- ARM Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- Cedrus Video Engine (H.264 En/Decode, H265 Decode)
- 1366x768 LCD
- HDMI 1.4 Port (FullHD @ 60 FPS, 4K @ 30 FPS)
- 2 GiB RAM
- internal 16 GB eMMC, +1 µSD slot
- 2x USB 2.0
- BlueTooth / WiFi using an RTL8723bs combo chip
- built-in microphone and stereo speakers
- 3.5mm 4-contact audio connector (CTIA pinout, "LRGM")
- internal USB Camera
Fully functional graphics will require at least a kernel >= 5.6.3 and Mesa >= 20.4, so Tumbleweed is currently your best choice.
There is a staging area for the work in progress in OBS
-- Caveats --
There is no automated image creation yet. Things to watch out for when doing this manually:
- shorten the GPT
The A64 reads its SPL from absolute address 0x2000 (8kiB) from the (e)MMC. A GPT with only 56 entries will end just before that point, and a partition starting there and extending to 1MiB is the perfect place for u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin .
- modify U-Boot environment once installed
The USB keyboard is slow to come up, and the audio jack is connected to the serial console by default. Add
usb stop; usb start;
gpio set PL9
somewhere in the flow of automatically executed scripts.
- MMC driver loading is racy
Occasionally mmc-blk grabs the interface of the WiFi/BT chip; make sure the rtl8723bs driver is loaded as early as possible.
- DRI driver requires contiguous memory.
to the kernel command line. Otherwise the screen will stay blank after the EFI FB has been decommissioned.
With the kernel and Mesa requirements above met, cma=256M is probably a better choice to offer more RAM to the graphics engine.