Archive:Weekly news community week
Howto use this wiki entry? Every Weekly News Team member can add new stuff. Deleting only after discussion finished, please. :-)
- Please visit our Presentation File:Community Week WN v2.odp
- You can also see the presentation for translating OWN (PDF).
How we can contribute the Community Week?
We plan to contribute the Community Week on two days (Wednesday/Thursday) from 12:00 UTC to 20:00 UTC. The interested community members are in #opensuse-newsletter. We need some people from the Weekly News Team, to be present in the IRC-Channel at the given times. Our goal is: Publish a "special edition" on Wednesday with contributions from new interested people.
WIP by Sascha (Ideas and others are welcome ;-)
- What is openSUSE Weekly News?
- What are our Sources?
- PlanetSUSE, Lizards, News, ML
- How is our Newsletter structured?
- Different Category...
- Workflow behind the Newsletter?
- What's the HOWTO (Editing and Translating Cyclus)
- How to make an Newsletter
- We collect news from Saturday to Wednesday and release a special editon. During the worksho we want to introduce new community members to the workflow. (iChain Account and wiki-editing required)
- HowTo Translating
- How do I translate the Weekly News into $LANG.
openSUSE Community Week / Weekly News sessions
All sessions take place in #opensuse-newsletter unless otherwise noted. Contact Sascha Manns if you'd like to add topics to the Weekly News sessions.
|Time (UTC)||Mon. 11||Tue. 12||Wed. 13||Thu. 14||Fri. 15||Sat. 16||Sun. 17|
How to make a Newsletter
Let's make a special edition together!
How to translate a Newsletter from English to your $LANG
See details in 'Translation Day' below
|14:00||Weekly News Team Meeting
14:30 - 15:30
The openSUSE Weekly News is also available in several languages. If you have an interest in translating, feel free to join the session for your language or contact the coordinator.
|LANG||Date/Time in UTC (in your local time)||Channel||Coordinator|
|Deutsch||14. Mai/13:00-15:00 (14. Mai: 15:00-17:00)||#opensuse-de @Freenode||Matthias Fehring|
|日本語||14日(木)/12:00-15:00 (日本時間: 21:00-24:00)||#opensuse-ja @Freenode||Satoru Matsumoto|
- Can't you find your language in the table?
- Why don't you start translating Weekly Newsletter into your language? Please send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org (you need to subscribe first), or contact Sascha Manns.
I (Sascha) think, that i plan a little bit our Community Week presence. If you have any ideas, tips or whatever feel free to add your ideas to this Page. Otherwise you can write to -marketing or Jan and me directly.