This wiki was updated to MediaWiki 1.37. If you notice any issues, please report them to admin[at]opensuse.org
Archive:Board meeting 2020-01-21
Present: Axel, Christian, Gerald, Gertjan, Marina, Simon
- Several of us (board members) are going to attend FOSDEM in Brussels, February 1st/2nd 2020.
- We'll also be attending the LibreOffice social dinner Saturday evening.
- Refresher: October 13-16, 2020 in Nürnberg
- A logo has been jointly selected by the openSUSE and LibreOffice teams; details to follow on news.opensuse.org.
- Going to use openSUSE infrastructure for call of papers.
- Looking for some volunteers on the organization team; if you are interested please reach out to Marina Latini <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Douglas DeMaio <email@example.com>.
- (Gertjan is going to help via IRC and with submission reviews.)
- KDE will celebrate their 24th anniversary on the first day of the event, so there may be opportunity for some joint celebration.
Marina has joined SUSE
- Since there's only a single elected SUSE employee on the current board this does not impact the constitution of the board.
- Marina is going to update https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board .
Minutes of this meeting
- We'll strive to do better going forward.
- Gertjan and Simon hope to send minutes for past board meetings out soon.
openSUSE Forums Move
- The move of the openSUSE Forums from Micro Focus IT in Provo to the openSUSE Heroes in Nürnberg is in the works.
- Gerald had to escalate syncing of the database which got stalled, hoping for resolution soon.
- Board election is ongoing (190 voted at the time of the meeting).
openSUSE.Asia Summit 2020 proposal
- We received what looks like a nicely worked out proposal.
- AI all board members: review and provide feedback.