openSUSE:YaST styleguide whyconsistency
tagline: From openSUSE
Why should I care about consistency?
Consistency supports the user in performing tasks in a efficient, effective and satisfying way. It will
- help user to navigate through different YaST modules following the same procedures.
- allow user to focus on the task not the tool.
- suitability for the task: Does the software support users in performing their tasks?
- self-descriptiveness: Is the software self-explaining and understandable?
- controllability: Can a user influence how to work with the software?
- conformity with user expectations: Does the software fit user's expectations and habits by using a consistent and coherent design?
- error tolerance: how easily can a user recover from errors?
- suitability for individualization: Can users adapt the software to their personal needs without too much effort?
- suitability for learning: Does the design of the software provide an easy way of learning new functions?