This wiki was updated to MediaWiki 1.37. If you notice any issues, please report them to admin[at]opensuse.org
openSUSE:YaST: Code Organization
Organization in git repository
- CONTRIBUTING.md same file describing contribution to project. For new project just copy existing one. Changes are done automatic for all projects
- README.md description of project TODO link to template
- MAINTAINER email contact to current maintainer of module
- RPMNAME name of rpm source package. Needed for building package into rpm
- doc/ contains documentation. New documentation should use Markdown format
- package/ contains sources for rpm except tarball, that is generated. Usually RPM spec file and changes file are there.
- testsuite/ old deprecated test suite. For new tests see test directory. Used to prevent regressions.
- test/ contains new testsuite written in rspec framework
- src/ contains source codes for module separated into subdirectories. For new Yast modules the most important subdirectories are lib and clients.
- clients/ scripts that is executed by Yast. Client can be executed by calling /usr/sbin/yast2 <client_name>. There is some special prefix or suffix that mark special clients needed for installation. inst_* is for clients used in installation wizard work-flow. *_proposal is for clients that is showed on summary page by proposal client TODO link to documentation about methods in such client. *_auto is for clients used by autoinstallation. *_finish is for clients writting configuration at the end of installation.
- lib/ contains ruby code without any Yast magic. Content of this directory is added to ruby load path.
- modules/ singleton modules connected to Yast component system. Place for functionality shared between modules. Filenames must follow rails convention for naming ruby modules like network_interfaces.rb for NetworkInterfaces module. All modules must live below Yast namespace so e.g. Yast::YAPI::Network module is possible.
- include/ old deprecated way how to share code which is then directly included. For new code use common ruby modules in lib directory.
- desktop/ includes desktop files needed for entry in yast control center
- servers_non_y2/ agent implementations
- scrconf/ agent configurations, instantiating the implementations and binding them to mount points
- fillup/ templates for /etc/sysconfig configuration files processed by fillup
- autoyast-rnc/ XML schema for AutoYaST profiles
- data/ YCP data structures used when readed by .target.yast2 agent. See more in the YaST2 Core documentation.