This is the openSUSE:Video team - which is supporting openSUSE, SUSE and other FOSS events with video recording and streaming services.
We "founded" ourselves by "just doing the work" at oSC16 in Nuremberg and helped out at the following events as well:
- oSC19 | media.ccc.de-Link
- 35C3 2018
- SUSE Labs conference 2018
- ownCloud conference 2018
- FrOSCon 2018
- oSC18 | media.ccc.de-Link
- LinuxDays.CZ 2017
- Qt World Summit 2017
- FrOSCon 2017
- oSC17 | media.ccc.de-Link
- oSC16 | media.ccc.de-Link
- several SUSE-internal events
How to reach us? At the moment, just ping one of us in IRC please.
- Mailing List - we don't have one yet ... to be defined
If you have an event request, you also might ask our friends from C3VOC instead of us first.
|Image||Name||Freenode nick||Blog|| Email
(add opensuse.org behind the @)
How to join
- When is someone eligible to join?
* You bring fun and join and don't have fear of hard work. * You should maybe bring some experience with video hardware and sound hardware (like general event equipment). Further skills like lights, sound and camera engineers very welcome. * If you're not sure but you're willing to learn, ping us.
- What has one to do to join?
* Be able to help with camera, mixing or back-office tasks at an event. * Be willing to spend your event behind a camera or in a back-office - which means you might not have a lot of spare time and in some talks you needs to focus more on the recording than on the content. But you can watch it later at home ;).
- Is openSUSE Membership required for the task?
* No, but you might gain it by helping us ;).
If you landed here, these further ressources might interest you as well:
- WTF are you doing at those events? Click through this lightning talk from oSC18 (they were not recorded, privacy, lightning talks, etc.)
- openSUSE:Recording_presentation <-- unfortunately, this page is very outdated atm
- Wiki of the Video Operation Center (VOC) of the Chaos Computer Club (CCC)