The wikis are now using the new authentication system.
If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/

openSUSE:Testing meeting 20100705

Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  1. Experience of openSUSE 11.3 RC2


Transcript (Incomplete)

[Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:21:13] <LWFinger> CzP: It has been thoroughly discussed in the Forums. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:21:16] <CzP> without it the binary only driver never loads... [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:21:25] <HolgiDE> badshah: coolo is aware of bug #617651, so we will not miss this [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:21:35] <CzP> LWFinger: oops, I never touch the forums [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:21:41] <HolgiDE> jo ReferenceSeete [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:21:42] <CzP> I'm an e-mail only guy... [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:21:56] <ReferenceSeete> Hello [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:22:02] <LWFinger> CzP: I understand. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:22:25] <HolgiDE> badshah: bug #617651 is marked as fixed [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:22:39] <badshah> HolgiDE: But it clearly is not yet [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:22:44] <LWFinger> CzP: From memory, I think it was also discussed on the opensuse-kernel mailing list. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:22:52] <CzP> LWFinger: that's another generation, where I feel old and lost with just 3X :) [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:22:53] <badshah> and there is no submitreq that i can see too [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:22:54] <HolgiDE> 2010-07-05 13:53:04 UTC [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:23:30] <HolgiDE> badshah: right, coolo asked for that as well in the bug [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:25:04] <badshah> I also got random freezes with RC1/RC2 on my system: bug 615649 [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:25:14] <LWFinger> One more experience: I did a "zypper dup" on my x86_64 system this morning and Firfox is not giving a "Could't load XPCOM". [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:25:28] <LWFinger> Anyone remember the quick fix? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:25:43] * HolgiDE not [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:25:48] <badshah> and this ugly YaST problem too: bug 609778 [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:28:20] <HolgiDE> badshah: it's at least assigned [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:29:02] <badshah> HolgiDE: Yes, since 2010-05-28 and nothing yet :( [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:29:27] <HolgiDE> badshah: how does this happen? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:29:42] <badshah> it should be at least possible to disable this entry completely instead of shipping with the broken menu entry [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:29:43] <HolgiDE> badshah: is the needed package not installed by default? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:30:07] <badshah> HolgiDE: that is right. there was a change in the module name between 11.2 and 11.3 [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:30:43] <badshah> and as far as I understand that broke this menu entry, which btw is fairly easily accessible and therefore will likely be very noticeable [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:31:53] <HolgiDE> badshah: I did set needinfo to coolo [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:32:12] <HolgiDE> badshah: he will hate me for that ;-) [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:32:44] <HolgiDE> badshah: please follow for input since I'm not on CC [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:33:08] <HolgiDE> any more bug where we need coolo to look at? ;-) [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:33:14] <badshah> HolgiDE: OK, thanks! [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:33:23] <badshah> Yes, I will follow up on that [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:36:33] <badshah> Don't know abt getting coolo to look at these, but there does seem to be a bunch of bugs about systems freezing since RC1 [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:37:28] <badshah> bug 619895, bug 617530, bug 615649 [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:37:33] <HolgiDE> badshah: you see what I do - if you think there is important stuff coolo should be aware of, just do it like I did [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:38:26] <badshah> HolgiDE: OK, but there is every chance of a "coolo" snub coming my way ;) [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:40:13] <HolgiDE> badshah: probably ;-) [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:41:55] <HolgiDE> ok, anything more regarding rc2? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:43:17] <badshah> none from here [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:44:56] <LWFinger> The beta forum has other bugs listed: #619774, 619754, 619448, 619753, 619768 and 598193. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:45:06] <LWFinger> I will follow progress there. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:45:32] <HolgiDE> LWFinger: ok, same hint like I gave to badshah, get coolo aboard in bug if necessary [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:45:49] <LWFinger> OK. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:49:46] <badshah> OK, so no more topics for the meetings then [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:50:59] <LWFinger> It was just announced that the maintenance period for 11.0 will be extended. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:51:51] <badshah> The Testing page in the old wiki is marked as being under review by Jonathan R, and it seems "Others should not make major changes in the meantime" [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:52:15] <badshah> http://en.opensuse.org/Testing [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:54:23] <LWFinger> I will be testing wireless this week and filling in the table for RC2. So far it looks good with no new bugs since RC1. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:54:28] <badshah> and since I have no idea as to how he can be contacted, I have not been able to proceed with updating these pages [Monday, 5 July 2010] [13:58:59] Join bmwiedemann has joined this channel (~bmwiedema@opensuse/member/bmwiedemann). [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:02:02] <HolgiDE> badshah: ok [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:02:48] <bmwiedemann> oh. I missed the meeting :( [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:02:50] <LWFinger> badshaw: No one with that nickname is a Forum member. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:03:42] <badshah> His user page is quite blank too, so looks like little to do [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:04:10] <HolgiDE> bmwiedemann: yes [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:04:34] <badshah> but also this page has been without any modification since Jan/Feb 2010 [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:05:04] <LWFinger> Any idea when a build will be selected as GM? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:05:23] <LWFinger> Would coolo answer that question? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:06:51] <HolgiDE> LWFinger: http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap -> July, 8th [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:07:06] <badshah> LWFinger: I wud have thought this Thursday, but shipstoppers complicate things [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:08:24] <bmwiedemann> coolo told me today that he has 11.3 isos built from mostly RC2. I synced the Promo-DVD versions to my server this afternoon [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:09:16] <LWFinger> Any value in having a meeting next Monday? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:10:07] <bmwiedemann> only if we found new shipstopper bugs? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:11:08] <badshah> bmwiedemann: there is one bug marked as shipstopper today: 617651 [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:11:19] <badshah> wud that change things? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:11:55] <LWFinger> HolgiDE: If such bugs are found, would you schedule a meeting? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:15:17] <ReferenceSeete> It could be a quick gathering. If there's anything critical - discuss. If not - end. [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:16:33] <LWFinger> OK - please let me know as I have to leave now. Bye all [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:17:18] Quit LWFinger has left this server (Remote host closed the connection). [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:23:38] <HolgiDE> LWFinger: I will [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:25:09] <HolgiDE> ok, any more to discuss? [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:25:20] <HolgiDE> if not I will end the meeting [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:26:19] <badshah> I guess that's it [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:27:35] <HolgiDE> ok, thanks everybody for taking part [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:27:41] <HolgiDE> and happy testing! [Monday, 5 July 2010] [14:29:16] <badshah> Bye!