openSUSE:Summit of New Thinking Berlin 2012 event
openSUSE @ XYZ Event
openSUSE will have people at the the Summit of New Thinking
Event website open-strategies.de/
* Location: Berlin, Germany * Date: 15-16th of November 2012 ** Booth Setup: No booth * Opening Times: 10:00-17:30
* How many attendees does the event have? ~200 * Who is organizing this event? new-thinking.de * What are the target visitors for this event? people interested in 'open' and 'shared' things - hardware, software, organisation... * Registration required? Yes
What will be there
- openSUSE talks:
- talk 1: Jos Poortvliet on 'open governance done right'
Of course, events need to be promoted! Social media:
Attendees, presence and travel info
Who will attend from/for openSUSE? Jos Poortvliet
After the Event
Try to answer the questions below and get us the answers to help us improve our support for you!
- Were you aware of ? Yup
- Put down some DVD's and stickers but was mostly talking to people to build up relationships
Summit of New Thinking Berlin 2012 event // Summit of new thinking edit
- About the event
- What kind of people come to the event? Business people
- How technical is the event? Not technical
- How much is it about 'open source'? Most people have some vague understanding of open source but they are active in other area's
- Attendance Details
- Tell us about the event, what did you do and how did it go? I gave my talk and spoke afterwards to the people who came to me as well as quite a few others.
- did we meet noteworthy people?
- People organizing events like TED were there - and the New Thinking people could possibly help us organize events in the future.
- What can we improve for the future...
- Would you go again? Yes, although it's mostly useful for networking, not really evangelizing openSUSE
- What more can you do to make it better? We can probably organize an open source track with talks etc, if we want. Lots of creative and business ppl and lots of energy. Most people don't know much about open source so we can teach them a lot.