The english openSUSE wiki has been moved and updated recently. If you encounter any issue, please let us know by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
openSUSE:Solutions Linux 2012
tagline: From openSUSE
openSUSE @ Solutions Linux 2012 - Paris
The openSUSE Project is planning a community booth at the Solutions Linux
About Solutions Linux see www.solutionslinux.fr
Who will attend? Please fill in your name if you're going. And arrival & departure date & time so maybe you can share a train or cab, and we might organize a hotel together. In case you need travel support (see * below) fill in your travel costs.
|User:Guillaume_G||Niort||18th 6:46 pm||21th 8:04 pm||With a friend||103€ (train only)||all the 3 days|
|jluce||----------------||------------------||Only the 19th and the 20th|
|agemen||----------------||------------------||Only the 19th and the 20th|
|Dr Who||----------------||------------------||Only the 20th|
|Torrent||Bourgogne||----------------||------------------||the 19th and the 20th & 21|
Some material is needed for the booth setup. Please add things you are able to provide:
|Laptops||User:Guillaume_G, jluce, agemen||1 + 1 +1 = 3|
|ARM board (Beagleboard xM)||User:Guillaume_G||1||To make a demo of openSUSE running on ARM|
|Other stuff||User:Guillaume_G||Stickers, posters|
|Various common things to set-up the booth||User:Guillaume_G||Big posters, a cutter, a scotch tape, ...|
Please add the things which you may require from the international team. Be sure to share this with the -marketing list!
|User:Geeko||openSUSEland||Event||At the last|
After the Event
Solutions Linux 2012 edit
- Event Date: From 19th to 21th
- openSUSE Ambassadors: Guillaume_G
- Helpers: jluce, agemen, Dr who, Torrent, oh!rocks
- Event Details
- Tell us about the event, What did you do?
- How many DVDs taken and distributed?
- We distributed all our 300 DVD in 3 days. (50 or 100 DVD more would be better).
- How many people were there at the event
- No official number but something like 10 000 people.
- We promote the Event on:
- Facebook: shared on openSUSE page http://www.facebook.com/groups/opensuseproject/
- Google plus: https://plus.google.com/109779735393022430339/posts/VrStU7C8DoY
- On official openSUSE french forum: http://forums.opensuse.org/forums/frana-ais-french/dautres-forums/communauta/eva-nements-et-ra-unions/472486-stand-au-salon-solutions-gnu-linux-2012-recherche-volontaires-pour-aider.html#post2466480
- On Alionet french forum: http://www.alionet.org/content.php?257-Alionet-et-openSUSE-%C3%A0-Solutions-LInux-!
- Any Interesting Story you will like to share with us?
- We met people from SUSE and it was very nice! :)
- People were enjoyed with our demo of openSUSE on ARM board.
- Most people enjoyed our openSUSE cool tools (OBS, YaST/zypper, etc.)
- Did you have a booth?
- Of course!
- Who staffed the booth?
- Dr who, Guillaume_G: all the 3 days
- jluce, agemen, Torrent, oh!rocks: the 1st two days
- Would you go again?
- Of course!
- What more can you do to make it better?
- Have some openSUSE Tee shirts
- Have more DVD
- Have more space. We were 6 people for one table and 2 chairs for the 1st two days. (Last day we were 2).
- Maybe have a better demo of openSUSE running on ARM. (Not only playing a video but have software to use it as a little computer).
- Make some conferences (some ideas: Suse studio, open build service, prepare a server (FTP, HTTP, DHCP, etc) in 2 minutes with YaST, ...)
- And next year?
- Everyone enjoyed, so we will be there again!
- Would you go again?
- More on some blogs:
- Agemen: http://www.alionet.org/entry.php?7-Solutions-Linux-We-had-a-lot-of-fun-!-o (in french)
- Guillaume: http://guillaume.gardet.free.fr/index.php?page=SSL_2012 (in french)
Common Questions Asked edit
- (Showing the promo DVD) Is it a CD/DVD? 32/64-bit? Live/installer? KDE/GNOME?
- It is a "magic box". Two faces DVD, one for 32-bits, the other one for 64-bits, and you have an installer, a Live KDE and a live GNOME!
- What is this board, is it the Raspberry Pi?
- Why openSUSE?
- What is the difference between SUSE and openSUSE?
- What makes the difference between openSUSE and other Linux distributions?